What a Monster!

Proud Kraut

I cover the styrofoam blocks with plaster and press the stones and the crusched shards into it. Finally i add some pices of wood etc.

attachicon.gifRub3.jpg

Back of the ruin

attachicon.gifRub5.jpg

And the front

attachicon.gifRub6.jpg

So Lars, do you have enough rubble? :D;) Looking very good.

Semper Fi

Manny

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to let you know that the project is still alive (but rather sleeping). If time permits I'm working on the ruin. There's still a long way to go...

Ruine.jpg

I did some paint/airbrush job on the dio base and added some details like windows and lantern. Now it has the right dusty look:

ru3.jpg

ru4.jpg

Spring 1945, somewhere in Germany. An intellegence squad of an armored unit examines an abandoned Sturmtiger and it's ammo....

Believe it or not: I started AND finished a project within the same year, unbelievable, isn't it?

Some first shots of the (99%) finished dio, some more daylight pics will follow.

ruin1.jpg

ruin2.jpg

ruin3.jpg

Thanks very much, Ronnie and Sparty on! Yes, the black/burned section of the ruin was airbrushed.

The shindles were hand painted with Vallejo Acrylics No. 343 "Shadows Flesh". I mixed that base color with No. 70835 "Salmon Rose" for the brighter and No. 71040 "Burnt Umber" for the darker shindles. After everthing has dried the complete roof was painted with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" filter. Finally I airbrushed the complete house with a very thin layer of Tamiya XF 57 "Buff" for a dusty look.

sch1.jpg

sch2.jpg

Talk about high focus in every little detail. I very much liked reading this thread. Outstanding work Lars. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Best

Martin

Hey Lars;

Superb work. Awesome work on the shingles and the rest of the bombed out building. Everything blends in beautifully. Great work on this diorama.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Lars, your dio turned out great!

What do you do with all your finished builds and dios? Do you have a large display space at home or do you donate to local museums or other?

Congrats on finishing!

Merry Christmas!

Terry

@Mike. The building is about 25 x 25 cm

@Gil: Great picture variation, thanks for sharing!

@Terry: You nailed my main problem with modeling: space limitations. Whenever a dio is completed it is stored away in the attic. I wish I would have a second "man's cave" to display my stuff. I have talked with the wife about that, lol..."Nuts!"....

Thanks everybody for their kind words, I really appreciate your feedback!

Frohe Weihnachten - Merry Christmas!

Lars

@Terry: You nailed my main problem with modeling: space limitations. Whenever a dio is completed it is stored away in the attic. I wish I would have a second "man's cave" to display my stuff. I have talked with the wife about that, lol..."Nuts!"....

Funny how the wife will frown upon a man cave, much less a 2nd one, but she'll be quick to go for the walk-in closet with the extended shoe rack. Then when its time for you guys to go out she'll tell you she has 'nothing to wear'. LOL

Semper Fi.

Manny