Campaign Hat with Orange Cord white acorns can someone I.D.?

Navybean

I feel like I should know this but can somebody identify the branch of service of the below campaign hat cord? It is bright orange with white acorns. Cord is on a nice 1939 dated hat and came from the vet's estate this way. I was thinking Signal Corp?

post-45737-0-36454200-1458514301.jpg

post-45737-0-02601700-1458514306.jpg

Signal Corps the type worn in the 30s up early 40s, the type before this one had a different style in showing the colors, don't remember dates when one superseded the other.

Anyone know the dates between the two designs of the hat cords oof the top of their head, by all means post it, I don't feel like looking :lol:

It would be 1921 and after.

I am not convinced that is an original cord though. The colors just don't seem correct. What does the inside of the hat look like? It appears almost new. I suppose it could be real, you just never know unless you are holding it in front of you.

Hat came from a vets estate and is one of the nicest I have owned. Vet of career army. This hat came with the mint m51 jacket I have for sale in the for sale section. The hat is US Army depot marked inside sweat band and dated 1939

I would say yes it is about as nice a hat as you ever wanted to have outside its original box. I was not really worried or questioning the hat just curious about color of th hat cord.

No problem. I only collect WW1 campaign hats but the dates are correct for the type of cord. 1921-1940 when the campaign hat was phased out of use.

post-9148-0-39928300-1458533732.jpg

Hard to say, but the coloring just does not seem correct to me. I hate to cast doubts by a picture as sometimes the coloring can be different. They just look too new.

Hard to say, but the coloring just does not seem correct to me. I hate to cast doubts by a picture as sometimes the coloring can be different. They just look too new.

Unissued I would say right, one can always any item from a fair number of time periods in this condition .

• 1 month later...