WWII MILITARY RAILROAD MAPS

BEAST

I have had these a long time and have not seen others like them. I have six different map sheets and eaxh sheet measures approximately 18"x24". The maps cover the railroad lines in souther Germany, Poland Czecholslovakia, Belgium, etc.

They are too big to get a great scan of them, but hopefully you will get an idea of what they look like. Does anyone have similiar maps?

post-203-1220373142.jpg

post-203-1220373149.jpg

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Salvage Sailor

Nice WWII AMS Railway Map, first time I've noticed this post. Some information and links below

Index to the occupation maps (1949), Army Railway Service http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/pdf/AMSindexes/ams150560rrmapgermany.pdf

Complete Index U.S. Army Map Service (AMS) http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/ams.html

AMS (Army Map Service), Germany & Eastern Europe
Map series, with sheet equivalent in size to German Grossblatt / Einheitsblatt maps (and also 4 x WIG 1:100,000 maps). This series covered Germany, Poland east to the area of Grodno, the Baltics (partly), Czechoslovakia, Hugary, Austria, and Romania (partly).
The maps were split into three groups: Germany (M641 and M641S), Poland (M651 and M651S), Middle Danube (M671 and M671S), where the letter stands for the variant where altitude is depicted by both contour lines and shades of purple. All those maps series bear common British name of GSGS 4416 Central Europe
Areas of particular interest (industry, Baltic coastline) were also updated from aerial photography taken in 1943 and 1944, but only up to (approx.) mid-central Poland. Details can be found on the bottom right or left margin of individual map sheets.
Due to shared responsibilities, British maps (which different slightly in the appearance from the US sheets) covered 3rd Reich, more or less stopping at the current Polish-German border along the river Odra / Oder; maps further east were produced by the AMS.