Male War Worker Coat (YMCA)

I've had this for years. There may have been a round patch on the left shoulder at one time. What is it?

MVC-091S.JPG

MVC-093S.JPG

MVC-092S.JPG

MVC-090S.JPG

• 2 years later...

All I can find on the name Robin is a Vernon O. Huddleston. He was local, lived in Sheridan Oregon in WWI, Willamina Ore. later. Was a carpenter in the 1930 and 40 census. Born in Elkton Oregon 1895. Died in 1968. Only military record I find is a ship transport record showing departing Hoboken NJ on Dec. 12, 1917 as a PFC in Co. A 162nd Infantry, 41st Div.
Can't find any information on him during WWII except a draft registration card. My guess would be some kind of uniform acquired to wear to reunions or veteran gatherings?
Do you remember where you got this jacket?

robinb,

It is a pretty standard, WW1 era jacket for a "War Worker." The "plain" buttons were prescribed for non-military war work uniforms.

Unfortunately because these were largely tailored, they are often subject to the fashion whims of the wearer--there are many variations.

Best guess would be YMCA or Red Cross. Although it could be for a smaller organization as well. The only hope of nailing it down would be through the guy's name

Regardless, scarce WW1 coat.

Chris

world war I nerd

The coat worn by this unidentified YMCA worker is a pretty good match … By the way, this guy looks a bit like Paul Newman when he was older.

post-5143-0-08964500-1540331152_thumb.jpg