WW2 US Army Air Force Various Dui Crest Pins: a tribute to Joseph Massaro

josesharontraders

josesharontraders

Hola Caballeros/Gentlemen,

Good evening from Spain. About to leave for long travel work in the Middle East, but I couldn't help share these pictures with you to start a conversation, help me identify them more accurately, and relax in our hobby. I have been assembling some US Army Air Force pins as I open some boxes from last year. Here are 2 pics, one taken with flash and the other without.

Comment On The Tinian Island & Panama Canal UAAF fly boys--The 6th Composite Bombardment Group. You'll note on the top row, I display in the following order--6th Bombardment Group pins Massaro 6C1, 6C2, 6C3, 2 pieces 6C4, 6C5, 6C6, and 6C8. Alas I do not have the Massaro 6C7, where the pirate Jean Lafitte from the War of Jenkin's Ear, is wearing all white enamel pirate's coat. That pin would be facing dexter.

Will elaborate some more when I get back in 2 weeks. Here are the pics:

post-160067-0-46424200-1457212442.jpeg

post-160067-0-46421300-1457213235.jpeg

josesharontraders

Oh, here are the Massaro book excerpts. Descriptions p. 44-45 & Pictures p. 140-141

post-160067-0-17024000-1457214136.jpeg

post-160067-0-09924500-1457214150.jpeg

I see some pretty decent 6th bombardment variations and a few theater made CBI, a few look are self explanatory. Very nice. I collect air corps Di's also.

josesharontraders

I see some pretty decent 6th bombardment variations and a few theater made CBI, a few look are self explanatory. Very nice. I collect air corps Di's also.

Hello from boring qatar,

I'm doing some travel work and will post a 200 piece jump wings collection, so be on the lookout.

Jose

• 3 years later...
Johnny Signor

Oh, here are the Massaro book excerpts. Descriptions p. 44-45 & Pictures p. 140-141

What is the emblem 7B1 on this post please, and what is the Motto on it's scroll ?????

Also who did this bok and where can I get a copy of it please ?????

Johnny Signor

What is the emblem 7B1 on this post please, and what is the Motto on it's scroll ?????

Also who did this bok and where can I get a copy of it please ?????

Johnny Signor

Johnny - 7B1 is the emblem of the 7th Air Base Group, approved 24 Sep 1941.

Distinctive Insignia Of The U.S. Army Air Forces was compiled by Joseph M Massaro / Interntional Publishing Co. Austin TX.

My copy was printed in 1987 but I don't know about current printings or availability.