USO Show Camp bullion patches/CBI made/leather patches

doinworkinvans

doinworkinvans

ABSOLUTELY KILLER - way out of my price range but I hope someone here can snag these. I would dare say pretty rare and as a CBI collector that CBI show patch is just stunning, even if its damaged. You wont see another one of these ANYTIME soon.

Just beautiful, beautiful patches....happy bidding! ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW-II-USO-Camp-Shows-Patches-Pins-USO-Performer-Leather-Name-Patches-Arabic/381547742450?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35721%26meid%3Dcba9ba5adaee4571924ffe53abe8faf2%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D351656640978

(ps: this photo is from the auction - hopefully I don't get tarred and feathered)

s-l1600.jpg

For those that think that posting a patch auction listing from eBay that is properly listed in the WWII section is uncovering a hidden treasure that is unseen by any....67 people were watching this auction when you posted this =)

It is one of the nicest collections. Will it break $1000? I think around $850.

doinworkinvans

For those that think that posting a patch auction listing from eBay that is properly listed in the WWII section is uncovering a hidden treasure that is unseen by any....67 people were watching this auction when you posted this =)

It is one of the nicest collections. Will it break $1000? I think around $850.

Oh yea - this one was not hidden at all. Just wanted it here for reference.

I think it will go for just under $1000....unless of course OCS gets in there with his deep pockets :o

Oh yea - this one was not hidden at all. Just wanted it here for reference.

I think it will go for just under $1000....unless of course OCS gets in there with his deep pockets :o

Oh, I wish that I had deep pockets. I wish that I had pockets at all! I will not be bidding. I think that it is worth more than $1k but it is a collecting area like correspondents that a lot of people do not compete for.

However, the bullion CBI patch may find a home in some major CBI collections so that may bring the lot over $1k. But I think more reasonably due to what I said the gavel will land around $850. I tried googling the name on the leather name tapes but came up empty. Did anyone else have any luck?

doinworkinvans

Looks like they were from OK and appears Lila (Escoe) Parish is still alive in CA.

A few things I found from some OK newspapers

1.JPG

2.JPG

doinworkinvans

WOWWWWW - $1,525.....I would dare say the bulk of that was the CBI show camp one. Man what a great set of patches you wont see again.

ANYONE HERE get 'em? B)

• 1 month later...
ocsfollowme

I like Annabelle's set better than Lila's (although both are super). Here is an article about Annebelle who passed away in 2010.

830_1874_410_397.jpg

These are some of the best patches I have seen on Ebay. Off-the-chart RARE. Certainly not inexpensive, but both lots were solid buys.

ocsfollowme

I think they were bargain prices. If you wanted to have something like this, most likely you would have to pay a hefty sum since the person is probably pretty famous, so you are paying for CBI, Camp Shows and also the "entertainment factor $$$". Any many of those are probably in small museums honoring the life of the entertainer...so a great opportunity to pick up a grouping of a lesser known entertainer.

So neat to see the different name tapes in all of the languages.

The two styles of bullion camp shows are amazing. It was a treat to see.

I agree Kurt. I kind of regretted not going for the first set so was happy when this one came up. I like the fact that Annabelle's name is on one of the bullion patches as well.

I agree Kurt. I kind of regretted not going for the first set so was happy when this one came up. I like the fact that Annabelle's name is on one of the bullion patches as well.

Sounds like you bought the 2nd set, Eric? Excellent!

Kurt

I did. Will post better images of the bullion patches upon receipt. Wish now I had gone for the first set. Would have been cool to keep them together.

ocsfollowme

Eric, I think you will have fun researching Annabelle. I hope you find a photo of her on the USO tour to share.

Annabelle E. Cones, 88, of OKC, passed away Feb. 9, 2010. She was born Dec. 11, 1921 in OKC to Thomas and Agnes Escoe. She was the granddaughter of Sol Layton, architect and designer of the State Capitol. Attended OU and earned a Master of Music from Central State. She did several tours of duty with the USO, singing and entertaining the troops in Europe, the Middle East and South America. Back in the states, she began a career teaching violin and inspiring countless students with her love of music. She was also a member of "The Gypsies," a string ensemble performing Romany music. She was a member of Gamma Phi Beta; also, through her father Thomas, the Muskogee (Creek) Nation. She is survived by Homer Cones, her husband of 59 years; sons, Niall and Gray; sister, Lila Parish; nephews: Kent Runkle; Dr. Layton and wife, Charla; and many other loving family and friends. A gathering to remember her will be held at Hahn-Cook/Street & Draper, on Thurs. 2-18-2010 from 12:00 to 3:00 pm. - See more at: http://legacy.newsok.com/obituaries/oklahoman/obituary.aspx?n=annabelle-e-cones&pid=139746364#sthash.rkBWe4Bh.dpuf