Horse's Rear Wings

Brig

Patchcollector

Hahaa,nice.Like you stated,probably a "Novelty" type piece,someone's idea of a joke.What's odd is that it seems(to me anyway) to incorporate the "V" for victory into the design.What's the back look like?

Hahaa,nice.Like you stated,probably a "Novelty" type piece,someone's idea of a joke.What's odd is that it seems(to me anyway) to incorporate the "V" for victory into the design.What's the back look like?

only image I have

s-l1600.jpg

I should add, these belonged to an airman who was a WWII and Vietnam vet, so the V could be victory, but I would imagine that a very off combination with the horse

• 2 weeks later...

Well they are high quality. They did not have military veterinarians that late in the century did they? Something about the horse's ars that seems a bit like the chairborne wings though.

I agree, I think it's a goof or maybe for some kind of club. The original owner was in the Army (I believe AAF) in WWII and in the Air Force through Korea. He also became a member of the CAP at some point, I assume upon retiring. Only unit I know he was likely involved with at some point was the USAF Disaster Relief Force