An EGA with Star?

Gator

I will be the first to say that I dont know D... about EGA's and their various styles. Having said that, I have never seen one such as the one being offered on Ebay right now. Have ya'll? I did use the Forum ref library and putting aside the star, is it a 1930's era? Is it a sweetheart piece?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Large-Marines-Marine-Corps-USMC-Insignia-Pin-Star-Over-Eagle-EGA-/141894156895?hash=item21098d025f:g:AMEAAOSwzhVWsWpj

post-5028-0-26507600-1454590972.jpg

post-5028-0-06461800-1454590981.jpg

I would agree. An officers mother who converted his cover emblem into a broach when her son was KIA. Very interesting piece. I have a small assortment of emblems converted to homefront pieces

teufelhunde.ret

... what Brig said. This represents a "Gold Star Mother" pin of WW2 origins. Recall seeing one smiliar of WW1 era and a couple WW2 or possibly Korean era

• 1 year later...
ViewfinderGyrene

Does anyone who where this EGA ended up? Found out it was split off from a group of material to a KIA Marine which I came into the care of several months ago...

~VFG

teufelhunde.ret

Does anyone who where this EGA ended up? Found out it was split off from a group of material to a KIA Marine which I came into the care of several months ago...

~VFG

Best of luck in your quest! s/f

ViewfinderGyrene

Best of luck in your quest! s/f

Thank you sir, I'm sure it's a needle in a haystack, but then again maybe not given it seems many haven't seen something like this before. Would be an honor to reunit it...

~VFG