Case Stiletto

Big Bill

That's hard to say! I've never seen a contract for a lot blades, BUT, I know they were delivered to the military. We have the pics to prove it.

IMHO, separating WW2 knives that where obtained under small contracts, ( less than $50,000), and knives obtained for resale through Navy Stores or the Army PX system is problematic due to the lack of good paper trails. Add to that, the Quartermaster Corps. did occasionally release items they deemed as surplus to those bodies for disposal through private purchase. Sometimes choosing if an item was indeed only private purchase or in fact was bought and stocked with the intention of it being issued ends up being a matter of how the individual wants to see it.

Great looking set up, however, I'm probably the odd man out but I believe the scabbard might be a replacement. I don't recall seeing a Case scabbard with those features. It appears to be more like a scabbard found with an imperial or kutmaster knife. Probably doesn't really make a difference either way, since the trend appears to break up combos anyway.

Great looking set up, however, I'm probably the odd man out but I believe the scabbard might be a replacement. I don't recall seeing a Case scabbard with those features. It appears to be more like a scabbard found with an imperial or kutmaster knife. Probably doesn't really make a difference either way, since the trend appears to break up combos anyway.

Don't worry you're not the only odd one here. :rolleyes:

Courtesy of my buddy Bill Walters. His book will be out soon and has plenty of eye candy. I'll show my copy off as soon as I get my hands on it!

• 4 months later...

Has anyone seen a variation of the scabbard for these that has a square top (not long as above, just above the pommel) and two rivets at the tip side by side?