Non-Standard WW II ID Tags

Brian Keith

These ID tags were with a grouping of Sgt. Ervin D, Karrick 35151209, who joined Jan. 22, 1941 –November 1945. He served at Drew Field, Tampa, FL; also served in Porto Rico for 1 year. These tags are quite unusual for a WW II soldier. Comments welcome, Thanks for looking.

BKW

post-1549-0-70195000-1454285065.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info USDOG.

I pulled out by Dog Tags book by Braddock and sure enough, they are a "M-1924" set. I've been digging in stuff I haven't seen in years and found these and I posted them as I thought them unusual. Maybe I should have looked in my book first. Thanks for the info! I didn't note that I photographed them on a set of his orders from 1944.

BKW

• 2 weeks later...

These are really cool! Were these issued to an Army soldier? They look like Marine dog tags almost. If they were for an Army person, then . . . were these what you would have received if you joined in the middle of 1939? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Brian Keith

Yes, Stratasfan, these are for an Army soldier, I guess I didn't say that, they were called the M-1924. I didn't recall ever seeing a set just like them. Thanks for your comments.

BKW