No atheists in foxholes? This dog tag proves otherwise.......

Der Finn

My Grandfathers unit in the CBI had a priest, Father Wade, who served with them. Once when Father Wade was flying over the hump, the plane had engine trouble so everyone had to jump. When putting on his chute, Father Wades parachute opened inside of the plane. One of the crew offered to trade chutes but Father Wade said No. I have faith. He jumped with his parachute in his arms, threw it in the air, the parachute opened, and Father Wade landed on the ground.

The story goes even fartherSince he had to throw open his chute, he landed a long way from the rest of the crew. Father Wade started walking out of the jungle. A tiger was following him the entire way. At night, Father Wade could see the tiger in the distance away from the fire. Once Father Wade got back to the edge of the jungle and safety, the tiger turned and went back into the jungle. I believe that tiger was an angel protecting and guiding Father Wade back to civilization.

...Kat

I think the tiger thought he was good meal.

No tigers dont attack immediately they first lurk on you. I dont believe in angels but thats my opinion.

Tigers do stalk their prey but Father Wade was walking out of the jungle for close to a week. I don't believe the tiger would have stalked him for that long of a period of time.He may have simply been curious having never seen a human but I do believe in angels. :)

...Kat

Cats are good luck, angels are real and Bigfoot is not.

W

This is quickly leaning toward a religious discussion so, it's best to end this here. BTW, angels are real and sent by God to watch over and mister to us but, what do I know. See, it just seems to be the natural course of this thread. :)