Beautiful DUIs of the 436th bomb squadron, 7th bomb group, 10th air force

ocsfollowme

A coworker of mine brought these in to show me. I am going to try to get some other things to make a nice wall mounted display for their family.

This are stunning.

post-122868-0-95384400-1452793866.jpg

They had a bunch of reproduction unit patches in the little box of treasures but these were the real pieces. I am not sure if they would be willing to purchase a real squadron patch so they just may have a reproduction made.

Any idea of value of the pieces so that I can tell them.

B-17s in the Pacific is rare unto itself.

Would love to see your finished project.

Did they have any photos, uniforms etc.?

Her brother has the uniform. I have a transcript of an interview with him. They received their B-17s in India as they bombed there. Then they got shipped to North Africa and stopped Rommel. Went back to India to bomb coal mines in Manchuria. Went back to Africa for El Alamein. Shot down over sicily.

Echoing what others said; those look great.

I also would love to see a photo of the soldier in uniform and decked out with the insignia attached. I’ll bet he looked sharp.

Thanks for posting them.

Brent

Wow - a lovely set of genuine Pakistani made insignia. Must have been produced early to mid 1942 onwards based on the unit history.

I doubt you'll ever find the exact store. This type of shop would have popped up near an airfield to sell to serviceman and either closed up or moved onto making other things when the war ended. Tiny little shops can be found doing exactly the same sort of things around Indian/Pakistani military bases to this day.

Regards

Mike

Johnny Signor

I make a 5-6 inch patch $55.00 total including postage ,.................................

The patches and Di's if Ww2 era are worth quite a bit I would think , but it's relevant to who would want them and what they'd think they're worth ..............

I make a 5-6 inch patch $55.00 total including postage ,.................................

The patches and Di's if Ww2 era are worth quite a bit I would think , but it's relevant to who would want them and what they'd think they're worth ..............

Thanks Johnny. I will pass that info on to them to see if they would be willing.

• 7 years later...
38 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thst's awesome. Thanks!

Yes this insignia was borrowed from the WWI unit by the bomb squadron as depicted above. Here is a large grouping I obtained from the vet with his A2 jacket with this patch. Four iron crosses were drawn in the patch to recognize the WWI victories of the original unit