China Marine Droop Officer Collar EGA's H&H

Airborne-Hunter

• 2 weeks later...

These HH collar devices are some of the most varied emblems to be found (see below). The below list and combinations means at least 10 HH variations. It seem HH couldnt make up their minds.

1. With and without separately applied continents (I have photos of officers and enlisted wearing these without added continents)

2. Single center mounted screwpost

3. Single mounted screwpost with offset antitorque pin

4. Two small screwposts (like the version posted)

5. Clutchback

6. Pinback

The officer service droop wing device was made by at least 4 manufacturers that I know of.....HH, Meyer, Gaunt and another maker who didn't mark their pieces. Meyer had similar variations as the HH ones, Gaunt has a couple methods of attachment as well. All told probably at least 20+ variations exist. I think I own 12 or so.

Mike

post-1315-0-61077000-1453743352.jpg

Was there an officer's cover version of the droop wings? If so, I can only imagine what a matched set of those would go for.

Yes, there is a cover version officers droop wing. Once sold on ebay about a month ago and fetched $1400.00 if my memory serves. They are pretty.... and you are right, I would think a matched cover and collar would be premium. Kevin

A fire bronze Meyers officer cover sold for $1385 recently... http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/257978-rare-fire-bronze-droop-winged-ega/

As for collar variants, there are quite a few. As far as H&H goes, there were also H&H OROID marked examples that were a bit different in the front design. Until that spread of variants was posted above, I was either unaware or had forgot that there was a pinback version. Scarce variant, indeed

I probably have a dozen droop wing variant singles that are in need of mates, and half a dozen matched pairs

A fire bronze Meyers officer cover sold for $1385 recently... http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/257978-rare-fire-bronze-droop-winged-ega/

As for collar variants, there are quite a few. As far as H&H goes, there were also H&H OROID marked examples that were a bit different in the front design. Until that spread of variants was posted above, I was either unaware or had forgot that there was a pinback version. Scarce variant, indeed

I probably have a dozen droop wing variant singles that are in need of mates, and half a dozen matched pairs

Brig,

I have only seen enlisted version with "OROID" mark. I was being specific to service officer collar devices. Do have officer examples with OROID mark?

Mike

These HH collar devices are some of the most varied emblems to be found (see below). The below list and combinations means at least 10 HH variations. It seem HH couldnt make up their minds.

1. With and without separately applied continents (I have photos of officers and enlisted wearing these without added continents)

2. Single center mounted screwpost

3. Single mounted screwpost with offset antitorque pin

4. Two small screwposts (like the version posted)

5. Clutchback

6. Pinback

The officer service droop wing device was made by at least 4 manufacturers that I know of.....HH, Meyer, Gaunt and another maker who didn't mark their pieces. Meyer had similar variations as the HH ones, Gaunt has a couple methods of attachment as well. All told probably at least 20+ variations exist. I think I own 12 or so.

Mike

Clearly they were thinking of future collectors who like variations. :)

BKW