Officers Dress USMC Pilot EGA - ID'd and a Maverick

GOAmules

I got these this morning. James Todd was an uncommon enlisted pilot, who flew in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. I don't know these EGA's very well, but these seem to be officers, and are Sterling and 1/30 RG (Rolled Gold) on Sterling. Can someone tell me the maker? These were very beautiful in the case at the estate sale. Down in the basement, I found his diplomas, and these uniform patches. Note "Master Sargent" on one.

23909571479_a9886ccb69_b.jpg

23650593093_87c858bc00_b.jpg

24251270296_480934f740_o.jpg

He flew Corsairs in WWII, obit here: http://tucson.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/mgysgt-james-russell-todd-usmc-ret/article_e146f723-2b14-5025-a86e-cfe9553eb046.html

Thanks all, now I know. I guess $12 was a good deal. They sure are beautiful, and I'm sure Todd enjoyed wearing them in his time. Being a former sailor who went to A school in Pensacola, I appreciate all these aviators.

24281007945_c9e0270e36_b.jpg

Very nice NAP group. These emblems likely date to WWII when he was an officer. Great find. Semper Fi.......RIP MGySgt Todd!

I had to go back to the sale. There was one 2nd LT bar, WWII, which I bought, and this great squadron mug! The girl said someone had grabbed about 10 other insignia when the sale started, but missed this one bar (and the EGAs I got!). I went back and there were still certificates for him being a Kentucky Colonel, and in the Confederate Air Force in 1955. Being a photographer and former imagery intel guy, I couldn't believe this mug was still sitting in the almost empty house. The history U.S. Marines in the Korean War writes a few paragraphs about him, and says he was the Photo Recon mission leader of this squadron, with 101 missions. He flew lots of planes, and was in China pre-Korean war. My wife got a nice silk scarf with Peiping, China and a dragon on it. He was there in 1947 to cover the US withdrawl. 24301097465_697bf7e4e5_c.jpg