Titan II Paper 3D model & 3D paper Military Modeling

coli8344

Does anyone make paper models of military related subject matter? Here is my first shot at an all paper Titan II ICBM model mounted on a wooden board for display. Not my best work but it took forever and at my age and with my eyes it could have been worse.

post-152401-0-56950700-1450318401.jpg

post-152401-0-33674100-1450318408.jpg

post-152401-0-98721600-1450318414.jpg

I found this on http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/

They e-mail you the pdf so no shipping cost, this one cost me $3.00 and they let you use & print it as many times as you like after they send you the pdf. They have jet planes, bi-planes, battleships and a lot more. Now, the instructions were a bit sparse with mine so I did some research on the Titan for some specifics. Prices vary depending on the complexity of the model. An exacto knife, glue, and boxes of bandaids is all I needed.

I have a book that was put out in 1989 on patterns and photos of building all types of military air planes from from WWI to jets out of paper.

The book is call (Making paper warplanes by David Hawcock)

It would be great to see some pictures of model examples from the book when you find it. With all the talented folks out there if anyone decides to try their hand at these types of models I hope they post pictures of them here.

That looks really nice, especially around the rocket nozzles. I tried my hand at paper modeling, but I was a real klutz with it. I could never get my folded edges sharp enough.

You're right the folds can be difficult, I used a small sharp pocket knife with a sharp blade to indent the folding edges and that helped a little, but if the piece was too small I used the exacto edge - I'm still trying to find a better way of doing folds.

I once tried to build a paper model battleship but failed totally. Your ICBM is looking fantastic, thanks for sharing! Could you provide some more informations about the size or scale of the rocket and how many parts this "kit" contained?

Sorry, I should have listed that info earlier: The model is 1/96th scale, the web site I got the sheets from states there are 48 parts but I counted 64. Difficulty scale is listed as 2 out 5. Final model is 13.75" long and 1-1/4" wide.