When was this EGA worn?

Tonomachi

I picked this up at the flea market last Friday for 22 dollars as the seller probably didn't know what it was and not sterling marked which is probably why he let it go for this price. Looking up information in the EGA reference section of the forum this is described as a Model 1926 dress cap piece however the GEMSCO ones were supposedly made up to and including WW2. It is only marked GEMSCO so I was wondering if this is considered a WW2 piece?

post-1389-0-17387300-1449006420.jpg

post-1389-0-88701700-1449006439.jpg

This emblem spanned the use of several decades, pre-WWI through the 30's. I believe it fell under the 1908 regulations, if memory serves. Due to the machine tooling on the globe, I would date this piece to the mid to late 30s. Here's a photo of Lt Thomas Ridge wearing the emblem circa 1939, I believe to be during his commissioning upon graduation from TBS. Beautiful bird at an outstanding price

post-22-0-39502000-1441852609.jpg

This emblem spanned the use of several decades, pre-WWI through the 30's. I believe it fell under the 1908 regulations, if memory serves. Due to the machine tooling on the globe, I would date this piece to the mid to late 30s. Here's a photo of Lt Thomas Ridge wearing the emblem circa 1939, I believe to be during his commissioning upon graduation from TBS. Beautiful bird at an outstanding price

Thank you for this information.

I have not seen this emblem being worn prior to 1914. This one, as Brig points out, was produced up to the late 1930's and probably sold into the early 1940's... as existing stock dwindled down after the onset of the 1937 Regulations change to the emblem. The one you have depicted is the mid-1930's version, based off of its construction. It appears to have a decent gold and silver plate (the Depression era emblems were very cheap and some I think were painted). If I had this one on my website, I'd be asking $300-350 in today's market. You did well.

Mike