Rifleman, Winter 1944

mpguy80/08

Here is one of the feew projects I had that survived my latest move by the military. This is in 1/16th scale, and was painted with a mix of model master enamels and Acrylics. The Rifle is white metal, the figure and base, a cream colored resin. Enjoy.

post-3743-1219197263.jpg

post-3743-1219197282.jpg

Hi it's very nicely painted and therefore I was wondering if you'd done the face of the GI ?

If so could'you post some pics?

Very good again JD

To answer Airborneboy's question, I used a base coat of Polly S Dirt, which is an acrylic paint, then dry brushed Testors Model Master Warm skin tone, then once again with light skin tone. I usually dont paint the eyes on my figures as it tends to make the figure look bug eyed.

Wayne

• 8 years later...
Backtheattack

Looks very good, will be a great item in each collection. Like such figures as background for items in a collection.

To answer Airborneboy's question, I used a base coat of Polly S Dirt, which is an acrylic paint, then dry brushed Testors Model Master Warm skin tone, then once again with light skin tone. I usually dont paint the eyes on my figures as it tends to make the figure look bug eyed.

Wayne

Nice job. I can understand not painting eyes on figures. I only do that with 1/35 scale, because they do come out bug eyed. But when done right on 1/16, 1/9, 1/6 they bring out the feelings of the figure.

Semper Fi.

Manny