1994 M998A1

ClaptonIsGod

As someone who wishes I could have been around for the surplussing of the MBs and GPWs, I couldn't help myself from jumping in to the action of the surplussing of HMMWVs. My 02/94 M998A1 is my first real military vehicle (not counting my CJ2A MB clone) and so it holds a special, but mainly large, spot in my collection. It came from the Georgia National Guard, was equipped with a SINCGARS radio, and has fairly low miles and is in generally good condition. It was originally a green truck (unknown as to whether it was solid or tri-color), but at some point it was hastily painted CARC tan. This fact, combined with the history of the unit its registration number produced, leads me to believe that my HMMWV might have been sent to Iraq at one point. I have no way of confirming this, and while it's likely unlikely, I'd like to think it was over there. For now, all there is to do is keep her running and waiting to be a time capsule.

Her old unit:

General Lucius D. Clay National Guard Center, Marietta, GA
Headquarters and Headquarters Company - General Support
1st Aviation Battalion
185th Theater Aviation Brigade

A photo of when she was at her previous owner's house (not my car in the background):

image.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

You have to pretty happy with this hummer...looks great...total beast....I dig it....enjoy driving it....we at Dover AFB transported a lot of vehicles to and from combat zones and other points of interest....so it is possible yours deployed and was brought back...wonder if you got with the unit transportation office to confirm?

Backtheattack

Great vehicle. Could have a view on one at the German-American Festival at Grafenwöhr. Very nice car, spend a lot of time in it. Wish I could own one.

Can it be registered and driven on public roads? And may I ask how much do they go for at auction?

Thanks

Paul

Salome, AZ

The ones coming out in the auction now are being sold for off-highway use only and come with an offroad only title. Not to say people haven't registered them to drive normally but it is breaking the contract to do that. The prices have been averaging between 7500-13000 for runners the last few times depending on location and condition.