Raider Tab, 1/23rd Inf Bn and 3rd Bn PaganRaiders

RGR

Captainofthe7th

Very cool patches, I have never seen or heard of the top two. A quick google and I'm sure I will find some education. It's nice to see some rare Korean War material.

Rob

Mountain Goats is 1st Bn 23rd Inf Regt. Pagan Raiders was an elite unit of the 45th ID (179th Inf) during the KW. We have pubbed an article on each unit/patch in The Trading Post. I recently recd an email from a LT of the current 179th Inf, and he intends to create a Raider unit based upon the article. The Pagan Raiders were like a divisional ranger unit.

The GHQ Raiders patch is cool. There aren't that many of those as it was only a company sized element that was only in existence for a small period of time.

The GHQ Raiders patch is cool. There aren't that many of those as it was only a company sized element that was only in existence for a small period of time.

It was larger than a company.......

post-622-0-47499800-1448569941.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tredhed2,

Great Patch. I think you see that one less that the Red and White one above the GHQ patch. It was a company sized element, hence the Co designation. They were a provisional unit up till the provisional was dropped when the unit was designated the 8227th Army Unit. They may have been a little larger than a company size but not by much and definitely not a Bn (-) size.