TA-132 Field phone, how much should I pay?

rrobertscv

I have a chance to buy a pair of these, I don't know anything about them. I told him I would get back to him, after I researched them.

I have a chance to buy a pair of these, I don't know anything about them. I told him I would get back to him, after I researched them.

ta43pt_9.jpg

hi robert..do you mean TA-312 field telephones...how much is he selling them for? also do they come with a canvas case? also are you getting any WD-1 field wire ie.(commo wire).. by the way they use 2 D-sized batterys or military BA-30's one up one down..if your not getting any extra items with the phones i would'nt pay over $100 for them..if you do get them make sure they both work...vince g. 11b inf..

hi robert..do you mean TA-312 field telephones...how much is he selling them for? also do they come with a canvas case? also are you getting any WD-1 field wire ie.(commo wire).. by the way they use 2 D-sized batterys or military BA-30's one up one down..if your not getting any extra items with the phones i would'nt pay over $100 for them..if you do get them make sure they both work...vince g. 11b inf..

No case and no wire. Don't know if they work or not, I didn't see any frayed or broken wires. He wants $40 for the pair.

you need four "D" batteries and a length of telephone wire, or I've even seen extension cord used to test with. The voltage from cranking one of these can set off a claymore mine. I worked Commo back in 1989 thru 1991, and used these quite often anyway in the infantry and MP units I was in. $40 is good for the set, and you might be able to find the bags on EBAY or a surplus store. If you are near a military base, you might try a DRMO auction. Crank to ring, push to talk release to listen. Simple operation. A few days ago I saw on Ebay someone had a DR-8 with WD-1TT field wire on it for sale... That is what you need. That is the current issue field phone wire. Of course, if you find the RL-39 crank and straps for it, you'd be set.

Wayne

No case and no wire. Don't know if they work or not, I didn't see any frayed or broken wires. He wants $40 for the pair.

hey robert ,heck yes $40 for the set is a darn good deal...if you have a chance to test them do it before you buy them...and do'nt forget the phones require 2ea. D-sized batts per phone one up one down..good luck...vince g. 11b inf..