My full interiors M4 sherman

korea drab

Its the classic Tamiya(wrong boogies) with replaced suspension unit(academy) Dragon tracks ,Aber PE set,Lion marc early gun mount+alu barrel.Replaced the ligths with aftermarkets.Archer dry transfer stars.Still waiting for the propper archer unit and vehicle markings.

Hope you like it,next proyect is an KW 105 flame shermy!

post-1820-1219075843.jpg

post-1820-1219075938.jpg

Awesome job!!! its a real bite in the arse using the photoetched and resin details but the results are well worth it. I just found my M4 Early with full interior. The movers weren't too kind with it so I'm trying to piece her back together. This one won a silver at the 2002 Pikes Peak region AMPS contest. It fared tons better than my M4 Early with wading trunks. That one was totally smashed beyond repair. What part of DO NOT PACK MODELS WITH ANYTHING ELSE BUT MODELS didn't they under stand? This one and four others were in the bottom of a box, with books stacked on top of them. When I get the pics scanned, I'll post mine too.

Wayne

General Apathy

Korea Drab, excellent work, great detail, love the simplicity of it on the wooden display without a full diorama.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Thanks for the nice coments! Sherman tanks are bounded to my memory as a kid.They used to roll on our military conmemorations!We had a lot of former brits surplus.M4a4,M4A2 etc.I dont remember any M4 or M4A3.Fireflies and post "repotenciados" with french guns.

I am working now on a M2A1 from DML.Will post pictures later.

On the base thing.....yes i will be putting only a black plastic surface on where my shermy is siting now.Used to do more complex bases before but more elaborated it gets more attention are you taking from the tank.

And SHERMANs are so nice to model......here some in progres pics.

Karl

post-1820-1219104107.jpg

post-1820-1219104066.jpg

Awesome job. thumbsup.gif

I was inside a Sherman ONCE ermm.gif

For about 10 seconds until i banged into the bees nest. w00t.gif

b.t.w. it was on static display outside a VFW post long before the welded hatch policy.

Congrats thumbsup.gif excellent work.

I have a metal box at home that was, according to the farmer who gave it to me, captured from a destroyed Sherman tank near Brest . I have never been able to ID it, so I guess you could certainly do it. I'll make photos and hope you will be able to help.

Yannick

• 3 weeks later...

Karl,

Very nice! Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Who did the interior resin? Might want to get the interior set for my next Sherman: you've inspired me with how nice your's in coming out.

Mike

Verlinden Productions Kit #1244 is the complete Turret and hull interior, minus the engine and engine compartment. The Engine kit is VP #1120 for the Continental R975 Radial, and VP#1136 for the Ford GAA V8 for the M4A3 series. I think there are other kits as well... let me do some research and I'll post them too.

Wayne

EDIT:

Okay I did some checking. In 1/35th scale, there are two interior kits. Verlinden #1244 (complete hull and turret interior for the Tamiya M4 Early production) and a total of three CMK Czechmaster kits, CMK 3026, CMK 3027 and CMK 3073. The pictures are disabled in the site I'm checking, so I'll need a bit to confirm what comes in each of the CMK kits. I have CMK 3026, which is called the Sherman Driver set and includes the complete lower hull fighting compartment forward of the engine compartment firewall, Transmission, differential housing, driver and assistant driver seats, drive shaft, ammo racks, drivers laterals, and assorted other details. CMK 3027 is listed as "Sherman Interior" and lists it is the Turret fighting compartment. CMK 3073 is listed as the Complete turret compartment for the DML M4A1 kit. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, Wayne.

I was wondering what set that Karl used. It looks like it fits pretty well and has at least a few PE parts (turret interior walls, etc).

I have the Verlinden R975 that I was planning to use at sometime in the future, but my overall experience with their resin products has been (to say the least) at bit disapointing. Very nice castings and high production values, but overall fit and scale are usually pretty poor. For example, it's almost impossible to use Verlinden figures mixed with any others in 1/35 scale - they all look like NBA basketball or NFL football players next to most others. I have the German WWII Luchs, but when assembled, it's almost as big as a Tiger I! It's "ginormous," even a bit larger than 1/32 - 54mm.

That's why I was wondering which set Karl used. He's obviously getting some very nice results with what ever it is! My hat's off to him if it's Verlinden!

Mike

Hi Mike

Its the Verlinden set.It fits with no problems , as to minimal sanding on the back of the resin blocks!As tamiya has no open pistol port(spent cartridges) i did all that part in scratch.The hinge of the port moves(drilled and put a steel pin inside)Also the port interior is done.

Bins(bent brass sheet),cables for radio etc are put with copper wire.In all its a didactical job.I enjoy it so much!!!!!!

As tamiya brings the gun breech,cage,basket and all that is a nice open hatches tank.I replaced the gun mantlet to make it an early type,It came with alu barrel with correct shape.

Again the interior is pretty easy to insert.Not a cut and sand massacre!

If you can pick one set,the detail is VG(some say very basic) but i am pleased with results.

Karl

PS:yesterday the final stencils from Archer arrived.So i will aply them and final weathering(little acrilics and pigments) to do the 100%.