bsgt78
  • Members
    • Member ID: 154,530
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

Hello,

I bought these 2 items:

20151117_060711.jpg

I understood that only the recipients can wear the patch. Is it true? and where?

Does anyboby have a picture with the patch on a jacket for example?

Thanks

#2 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,435
  • 12,983 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

Yes, it is suppose to be an organization for MoH recipients.Not sure why they call it the CONGRESSIONAL MoH, it should just be Medal of Honor.You can still find these.I had a Zippo one time with that logo on it.

#3 cutiger83

cutiger83
  • VOLUNTEERS
    • Member ID: 5,589
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

Yes, it is suppose to be an organization for MoH recipients.Not sure why they call it the CONGRESSIONAL MoH, it should just be Medal of Honor.You can still find these.I had a Zippo one time with that logo on it.

It is called the "Congressional Medal of Honor Society"

http://www.cmohs.org/

#4 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
  • 12,983 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:42 PM

It is called the "Congressional Medal of Honor Society"

http://www.cmohs.org/

I KNOW what its called. I was saying it should just be called the MoH society. It's not a Congressional medal.RE READ

#5 Dave

Dave

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 209
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

You can be part of the CMOHS without being a recipient of the MOH. I'd assume (not being able to find any regs) that someone who is still a part of the organization can still wear the patch.

I have quite a few CMOHS items, from business cards to cufflinks and the like from a single MOH recipient. I've been tempted to wear the cufflinks from time to time...just never have. 

#6 cutiger83

cutiger83
  • VOLUNTEERS
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

RE READ

If you REREAD what you wrote, it sounds as if you are talking about the patch NOT the society. Especially when you say "You can still find these". 

#7 cutiger83

cutiger83
  • VOLUNTEERS
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

You can be part of the CMOHS without being a recipient of the MOH.

Dave,

I have been looking over their website but don't see anything where it talks about membership to the society. It says it is an exclusive society but I don't see where it talks about members.

I did find it interesting that it is called the Congressional Medal of Honor Society because the society was started by legislation from Congress. This is from their website:

On August 5, 1958 President Dwight Eisenhower signed legislation sent to him by Congress chartering the CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR SOCIETY. The purposes of the organization were clearly spelled out in its charter (which can be found in Title 36 U.S.C., Chapter 33). They included:

• Creation of a bond of brotherhood and comradeship among all living recipients of the Medal of Honor.
• Maintaining the memory and respect for those who had died receiving the Medal of Honor, as well as those living recipients who had since died.
• Protection and preservation of the dignity and honor of the Medal of Honor at all times and on all occasions.
• Protecting the name of the Medal of Honor as well as individual Medal of Honor recipients from exploitation.
• Providing assistance and aid to needy Medal of Honor recipients, their spouses or widows, and their children.
• Promoting patriotism and allegiance to the Government and Constitution of the United States.
• To serve the United States in peace or war.
• To promote and perpetuate the principles upon which our nation is founded.
• To foster patriotism and inspire and stimulate our youth to become worthy citizens of our country.

#8 cutiger83

cutiger83
  • VOLUNTEERS
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

Does anyboby have a picture with the patch on a jacket for example?

Thanks

I was looking on the CMOHS website under "media" then "photos".  I saw some pictures with a patch on shirts.

#9 Dave

Dave

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 209
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

Dave,

I have been looking over their website but don't see anything where it talks about membership to the society. It says it is an exclusive society but I don't see where it talks about members.

I did find it interesting that it is called the Congressional Medal of Honor Society because the society was started by legislation from Congress. This is from their website:

On August 5, 1958 President Dwight Eisenhower signed legislation sent to him by Congress chartering the CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR SOCIETY. The purposes of the organization were clearly spelled out in its charter (which can be found in Title 36 U.S.C., Chapter 33). They included:

Creation of a bond of brotherhood and comradeship among all living recipients of the Medal of Honor.
Maintaining the memory and respect for those who had died receiving the Medal of Honor, as well as those living recipients who had since died.
Protection and preservation of the dignity and honor of the Medal of Honor at all times and on all occasions.
Protecting the name of the Medal of Honor as well as individual Medal of Honor recipients from exploitation.
Providing assistance and aid to needy Medal of Honor recipients, their spouses or widows, and their children.
Promoting patriotism and allegiance to the Government and Constitution of the United States.
To serve the United States in peace or war.
To promote and perpetuate the principles upon which our nation is founded.
To foster patriotism and inspire and stimulate our youth to become worthy citizens of our country.

Sorry about that...at one point in the past there was an associate membership or something of the sort for non-recipients. It must be no longer offered. My bad.

#10 cutiger83

cutiger83
  • VOLUNTEERS
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:04 PM

Sorry about that...at one point in the past there was an associate membership or something of the sort for non-recipients. It must be no longer offered. My bad.

Dave,

I am not sure about an associate membership. I could not find anything that mentioned membership so you could be correct.

...Kat

#11 bsgt78

bsgt78
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:02 AM

Hey guys,

Thank you for your comments. So, the patch is for the MOH recipients or the member of the society (who can be anybody)?

#12 bsgt78

bsgt78
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

Here some pictures with the embroidery (and not the patch):

1324-f.jpg

1351-f.jpg

1420-f.jpg

1362-f.jpg

1374-f.jpg

#13 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
  • 12,983 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:56 AM

If you REREAD what you wrote, it sounds as if you are talking about the patch NOT the society. Especially when you say "You can still find these". 

Don't be smart A**. I know what I wrote. I was talking about the MEDAL and the organization being called the Congressional MoH. It is just the Medal of Honor. And YES the patch and insignia from this organization can still be found.

#14 cutiger83

cutiger83
  • VOLUNTEERS
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

Don't be smart A**.

It takes one to know one. :)

#15 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members