My New WW2 Military Vehicle

2ad82recon

Hi Erwin.....OK OK...you do have a valid point.

Maybe if i mark it 9A-704TD......star.......R-1

That do ?

Regards

Lloyd

Eh, that would be wrong.

The 704th was in the 3rd US Army.

3A-704TD star R-1

thumbsup.gif

Erwin

3rd Armor real armor????

Everyone knows only the 4th Armored won the war .... ok ok with a little help of some leftover tanks from lesser known units, hehe.

General Apathy

Lloyd, nice to see that you got yourself something meaty. Johan the job of Patton ' lookalike' is possibly up for grabs if you would like me to put your name forward, the facial plastic surgery could be paid for from 2nd Armored funds, and we can get you some cuban heels for your boots. Cheers ( Lewis )

View 2nd armored events at ( www.2ndarmoredineurope.com ) Europes leading historical group

Johan Willaert
Johan the job of Patton ' lookalike' is possibly up for grabs if you would like me to put your name forward, the facial plastic surgery could be paid for from 2nd Armored funds, and we can get you some cuban heels for your boots.

Ken,

Go ahead, I don't want to jump over your head, especially since you won't need the surgery to look the part.. :lol:

Just kidding!

Johan

You have hellcats in your group, would not markings to match them be more apropriate if TD battalions had them, but 2nd Armored did not. ?

i assume they are marked as a unit that was generally atached to 2nd Armored ?

Anybody want to swap a Dodge for a russian BMW lookalike ? I want a proper vehicle crying.gif

Wolf i havent forgotten about the P-40s in the 8th...so far dad has turned up zip on them.....but he will keep digging.

No problemo... it's a tough subject to research. I did find out that there were possibly three additional P-40s used by various outfits in the Eighth AF, but have no additional info on them. Anyhoo, that's for the other thread... thanks for your efforts guy, and same to your Dad!

And thank you very much for the additional photos of this new toy of yours!

Fade to Black...

• 2 months later...

Thanks Jim and Mike...she looks even better now she is al together with the proper rear bar tread tyres and M2HB on the skate.....

We will be road testing her this weekend ready for show season so i will be sure to get some pictures.

Then to drape the additional extras chains/ration boxes/bedrolls/musettes and all on to give it that GI combat look.

Thanks guys

LLoyd

Thanks Jim and Mike...she looks even better now she is al together with the proper rear bar tread tyres and M2HB on the skate.....

We will be road testing her this weekend ready for show season so i will be sure to get some pictures.

Then to drape the additional extras chains/ration boxes/bedrolls/musettes and all on to give it that GI combat look.

Thanks guys

LLoyd

Can't wait to see them. thumbsup.gif

craig_pickrall

Lloyd, you must be rich if you can afford petrol to run that thing. What does it get, about 5 liters to the KM?

You be careful with that thing, don't get hurt.

Thanks Craig..actually for a "big" vehicle...it is quite economical....between 8 to 10 MPG.....unlike an M8 it hasnt got the heavy turret on it which drags it down to about 6 to 8MPG.

I have driven M8s a lot before so this should be no problem.....:-)

Erwin ...sorry buddy its gonna be 702 TD....:-(

Regards to all

LLoyd

• 2 weeks later...
2ad82recon

No problem Erwin.....next weekend all that is left to do is refit the 4 rear wheels as the local truck and coach tyre repair place has fitted the 4 correct bar tread tyres.Then its back home to have all the "Lloydisms"......:-) fitted all the stowage/boxes/50 cal M2HB and bits and bobs.

Photos will be up in the next week or so

Regards

Lloyd

Erwin PS just let you knwo that some of our group have just finished a 7 day trip following the 4th Armor/25th Cav route through the Czech republic......yesterday they were on the Podolsky Bridge on the Vlatava River which was point easternmost of the US advance on May 6th 1945...GSP was waiting for the order from Ike to go and take Prague and then got stood down as an "agreement" was made with the Russians.

Will try to get some pictures of their trip for you

Jeeper704

Lloyd, that would be great.

I know some units almost fired upon the Russians (and some actually did but refuse to admit it).

I would be very interested in seeing photos of your vehicle and of the 25th Cav route.

Thanks.

Erwin