My New WW2 Military Vehicle

2ad82recon

If some of you were wondering why i have been a bit quiet lately.... ;) its because i have been wheeling and dealing.... thumbsup.gif

Thought i would share a picture or two of my latest new vehicle purchase.... w00t.gif

post-6-1170783380.jpg

She is a 1944 Ford M20 Armored Car.................. :D

Now i never will have any money........... think.gif

Have more pictures to share if you want.

Regards

Lloyd

Hi Johan.....how are you buddy....see technically NO...because the 2nd retained the heavy armor status.....with integral Armored Recon Battalion that wasnt equipped with them...they were more attached to TD units...and Mechanised Cavalry Units and Infantry Recon Units....

But hell yeah she is gonna have 2nd AD markings on....especially as they were command/HQ and control vehicles...

Thanks for the compliments Johan....you will see it and you can ride it if you want friend.

Regards

LLoyd

Assistant Drivers Side Picture

post-6-1170785147.jpg

That's sweet... I'd like very much to see some shots of the engine, if possible... and any more interior shots as well...

Fade to Black...

Thanks Brian and Black wolf..Wolf i havent forgotten about the P-40s in the 8th...so far dad has turned up zip on them.....but he will keep digging.

OK here goes.....engine shot..(some parts are missing because the old owner had just replaced the head gasket at the time this shot was taken)

post-6-1170787236.jpg

No Gliderinf.....as i say some wheeling and dealing.....sell some things to buy some things

Know what i mean.....and you can have a go....no problem

Regards

Lloyd

Yes mate mum and dad did have a part in this from the proceeds of their house sale ?

aswell as outing a lot of other bits and bobs that we have aquired over the last 30 years mate....

I look at it as an investment......its never gonna go down in value is it ?

Thanks for the compliment Wayne.

All the best

Lloyd

PS Coastie i cant wait either..............i pick it up on Sunday..:-)

Hi Erwin.....OK OK...you do have a valid point.

Maybe if i mark it 9A-704TD......star.......R-1

That do ?

Regards

Lloyd

How about have over the driver and co driver,Lloyd and Shelly w00t.gif Changed your mind over a half track then mate ;)

Nice wheels,

Dave.

Yes Dave....all the H/Tracks i looked at...were in a average to poor shape...all needed new tracks and one thing and another.....this M20 sprang up from afriend about 20 miles away from me...in the same unit...he has an M8 also and wants to buy a M-18 Hellcat.

This M-20 became surplus to his requirements and the price was ludicrous to turn down....for some reason they are not as desireable as M8s with the 37mm gun and turret. think.gif

He offered it to me ...in fact he wanted me to have it...the price reflected that....Both Michelle and parents supported the purchase.... :D

so it was a real NO BRAINER not to get it...it comes with everything you see in the pictures... thumbsup.gif

Ken...Capt Heighes has already had input into it.....something about Gerald and Art Pope ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying.gif

Just had to be done.....some wheeling and dealing...and BEGGING.... ;)

Job done

Hot damn, Lloyd! You lucky dog!!! I'm jealous!

A buddy of mine just got his M-20 reassembled & running. We are taking it to its first event this coming weekend. His isn't as nice & complete as yours -yet.

I hope to get some good pics this weekend and will send you some or post them on theboard.

Congrats on your new toy.

Oh, by the way, everyone knows that REAL armor always has 3rd Armored Division markings! :rolleyes:

Steve

Morning Johan..

REAL ARMOR...3RD ARMOR markings................!!!!!

Thanks Steve......for the compliments....i just had to have it at the price i tell you.

Who is your buddy with the M20.?

Its ex Italian Police this one and its been well looked after.

Regards

Lloyd