• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wedgehead30

Wedgehead30
  • Members
    • Member ID: 124,172
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

I attend quite a few auctions on a weekly basis trying to maintain a decent inventory of items. Usually I come away with a small amount of items at a decent price that I can make some money on. Friday night was a typical example. I bought a training bomb and mountain ruck. At minimum I should be able to double my investment, we'll see.

Occasionally the planets are aligned and the auction gods smile on me. Today was one such day. I attended a public auction that advertised some military and showed a few photos. I didn't really see a ton of stuff in the listing, but I figured I'd check it out. As it turns out there was quite a bit of military items there. This would qualify as Planet Alignment. The second part of the equation was the fact that I was the only guy buying military. This would be the auction gods beaming down on me. With the exception of a few items, I bought all of the military there. Being the only buyer meant that the opening bid was normally the final bid. I'm pretty sure what I paid for all this stuff would be a criminal offense in some states. Now there's some of what I call "filler" items. But there's also some diamonds hiding in there. It's going to take me a few days to just evaluate and inventory everything.

This wouldn't qualify as a mouse fart in a snowstorm compared to the big dealers. But I'm happy with my little victories.

I wish they all went like this but it would take the fun out of it too.

FRIDAY

Auction 006.jpg

#2 Wedgehead30

Wedgehead30
  • Members
    • Member ID: 124,172
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

SATURDAY

Auction 005.jpg

#3 BagmanL6

BagmanL6
  • Members
    • Member ID: 150,797
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

Good for you.  It's nice to have something break your way once in a while.  Congratulations

#4 WW2JAKE

WW2JAKE
  • Members
    • Member ID: 125,364
  • 4,547 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

man i love that white web belt i see! always wanted one. and overall a very nice haul!

#5 TheMariner

TheMariner
  • Members
    • Member ID: 160,496
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:13 PM

happy to see you made a score my friend, happy hunting. Would love to see more images of what you found when you get it all gone through. 

#6 Bullseye881

Bullseye881
  • Members
    • Member ID: 159,979
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

Nice score, auctions can be a real unknown as things seem to sell super high (people get caught up in the bidding) or super low. 

#7 Graybeard

Graybeard
  • Members
    • Member ID: 152,114
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

The perfect storm for sure. Looks like you scored some nice AAF gear in that pile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users