ww1 3rd div officer, 2 full footlockers including letters and pistols

brad k

I bought everything here last august, it has been in the same house since 1920 or 21, I'd prefer not to name the vet. he was a 1st. lt. in the 3rd div. ammunition train, he was in two campaign's, champaigne-marne defensive and aisne-marne offensive and then sent to be an instructor at the artillery school in france and then the occupation army in germany until the summer of 1919. post-195-0-95293000-1445710277.jpg

What a time capsule.Just proves things are still out there to be found.

Outstanding the firearms were still intact with the group and not kept or seperated over the years.

gunbunnyB/3/75FA

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was lucky to get it, a freind from work found out about it and was the go between, I tried to stress to them that it would be split up if it went to auction with the guns being the first to go and it would all stay together as long as I'm around. it wasn't cheap but still a pretty good deal.

Please show is more! This is a wonderful grouping. Is the AHS on the pistol the vet's initials?

Kyle

Looks to be.Same as the brass stencil in the photos.Have seen a handful over the years personalized this way.

yes it's his initials, if the pistol was by itself without any identification the initials would devalue the gun but I don;t think it affects this one at all, both holsters have his name inside the flap, one of the pictures of him in france shows a model 1917 revolver on his belt but later on he is carrying the 1911, it might have been issued or given to him when the majority of troops started returning home, it was shipped to sprinfield armory in jan. 1913 so probably went through a few hands.

the broomhandle mauser is mentioned in one of his letters after the marne battle, no details but I expect he just picked it up since he was mostly on the road, not realy engaging in close combat or taking prisoners, his name is also written on the leather part of the holster. the stock is matching to the gun the only problem is the button and spring latch are broken and missing.

Wow, that is one of the largest and most complete WW1 groupings i have seen come up in a very long time. Glad that it is getting a new life with you !! I really love those firearms they are beautiful.

Amazing grouping!

It's almost a shame such an early 1913 M1911 was engraved though, but it wasn't collectible then!

Its just amazing that it has all managed to stay together. What an incredible time capsule. Thanks for posting the photos, simply amazing.