Modern version of OG-107 Jungle fatigues?

Martinjmpr

Just saw this doing some research on something else. Photo from a recent COC ceremony at Ft Polk involving the 1-509th (gingerbread men.)

I've never seen this before. Material looks like the old Vietnam-era green jungle fatigues but the cut appears to be that of the ACU with the slanted upper pockets and no lower pockets on the jacket. Closer pictures show some "opfor" insignia.

I'm assuming this is something that was procured just for "OPFOR" personnel? Very interesting nonetheless.

Here's the link:

http://www.army.mil/article/133425/1st_Battalion__509th_Infantry_Regiment_Adds_Two_New_Companies/

post-154311-0-84598600-1445365912.jpg

Almost certainly an OPFOR uniform. They had uniforms of the same color (Camouflage Green shade 483) in the same cut as BDU's prior to the adoption of ACU's, so these are probably the replacement for that older OPFOR uniform.

you are right, they are opfor uniforms for 1/509th. They should be (atleast a lot of them) commercially procured propper OD sets in ACU cut, judging from the split velcro in the shoulder pocket.

As i said, 11th ACR is instead wearing ACU cut, tan colored, surplus CIVPU uniforms.

It's too bad the Army didn't consider just going to this instead of the latest "universal camo" fiasco that cost the taxpayers God knows how much.

If a soldier spends enough time in the field his uniform begins to resemble the environment he's in, no matter what color or pattern it starts out as.

The 509th wears it's Ginger Bread Man patch Again! Wow didn't know that one, is there a topic that discusses this?

They wear it on the OPFOR uniforms only and I think this is a pretty recent thing, just from the past decade. They still wear the JRTC SSI on their actual service uniforms.

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Catalog/HeraldryMulti.aspx?CategoryId=2915&grp=2&menu=Uniformed%20Services

Not a very good pic, but here's the patch worn on the BDU style OPFOR uniforms.

post-5617-0-23898300-1445540881.jpg

the wearing of the "gingerbread man" as an opfor SSI has been validated in 2004 or 2005 (have to double check), when the older star SSI became obsolete. prior it was used as a pocket patch.

I confirm what B229 and Taucco said. Only 1-509th wear these green cut ACU at least since 13 aug 2013, as replacement for the old green BDU (COAT/TROUSERS ENHANCED HOT WEATHER, CAMOUFLAGE GREEN 483, TYPE XIII).

In the first picture you can see the 2 uniforms.

Below, the "Gingerbread Man" SSI on green ACU.

post-5257-0-62355400-1445596815.jpg

post-5257-0-30036100-1445599018.jpg

Same thing for the "men in Black " 1-4th INF in Germany at JMRC (former CMTC), Black (shade 357) BDU replaced by black ACU. For the HHC one unit (platoon? squad?) switch from classic tiger stripe BDU to all terrain tiger pattern ACU.

post-5257-0-60452000-1445601044.jpg