OK Guys Lets see some of your Labor service Patches

jurgo

hi friends i hope anyone collect labor service patches from the army and airforce and navy show your items here are some from me and when you have industrial police too

post-391-1170705287.jpg

ok labor service was:

german or polish or other countrys mens who had work for the us army or navy or air force they were guards on the us kasernes and makes patrols and secure the us kasernes

they were all soldiers and no civillians they had uniforms and weapons

labor service patches and industrial police and civillian support patches are verry rare patches but many of the us collectors dont know that

a friend from me had make a verry good website for labor service in english and german and you can read all informations about that its verry interresting for patch and uniform collectors

the site is on www.usarmygermany.com you must go on the menu right and then on the thumbnail labor service and then on "siegbert manns site" and there it is take a visit

greetings

Garth Thompson

Holy Cow, I didn't think anyone beside me was interested in these insignias. Here are mine.

Garth

Picture #1

post-83-1170729006.jpg

post-83-1170729043.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Gents,

Does anybody know something more about this patch from above showed collection? It looks like inspired by the emblem of Warsaw.

50834131ca8.jpg

Best regards

Greg

And one more stupid question because I am still not sure if I understand what are we talking about... crying.gifthink.gif:lol:

ok labor service was:

german or polish or other countrys mens who had work for the us army or navy or air force they were guards on the us kasernes and makes patrols and secure the us kasernes they were all soldiers and no civillians they had uniforms and weapons... [...]

Do you mean black-uniformed guardsmen, ex-POWs of nazi camps, who were grouped, uniformed and organized by various US Army divisions in the ETO in 1945 to guard the regions of these ex-POWs camps?

If so, they were civilians, not soldiers, at least in the Polish case. These quasi-policemen never belonged to the Polish UK-based Armed Forces.

Best regards :)

Greg

hello gregory this is a civillian support patch too it is a polish brigade the number is the 4038csg company for service in the us army you can read more info on the link that i have posted

greetings

• 2 months later...

Hey folks here are some of mine.

Need to take pics of my other ones, but that's what I got so far as picture taken.

post-1035-1181158421.jpg

Labor Service / Civilian Support Groups rank patches.

The one with the star was only worn by the Sgt Maj of the the Berlin Guard Battalion. This rank only existed there in Berlin, not with all the other LS Units.

post-1035-1181158516.jpg

More LS / Civilian Support patches. Those are worn by Germans or politically correct "Local Nationals" working for the US Air Force in Germany. To date there are only 5 units at 3 locations left in Germany who wear those kind of insignia.

All of those "Germans in uniform" wear BDUs excapt the Civil Engineers - German.

569th US FORCES POLICE SQUADRON (I was one of them once; C - Flight) stationed in Kaiserslautern - call sign "METRO" they are responsible for the whole KMC (Kaiserslautern Military Community) - excapt Ramstein.

Ramstein has the 435th Security Forces Sq and the 86th Security Forces Sq (both HQ at Ramstein both units incl. the training Squadron wear those patches - just the Germans though.

And then as the last one the Civilian Security Police in Spandahlem.

-sorry got a bit long, but there's so much history involved.

The green slips with the 5 and 6 blue stripes on there are the ranks for the GoreTex jacket "slip-on-ranks"

The blue patches are for the dress blues and the green ones are worn on the left shoulder under the brassard. - have my brassard still here somewhere lol

post-1035-1181158989.jpg

Here guys some more history

those are (some made on silk / bevo / on felt) ranks worn by the Civilian Security Police (Ramstein/Spandahlem/Kaiserslautern) and former closed Bases / locations.

When I was with them I made it to ZP4 Patrolman. ZP stands for the German version of Civilian Policeman Paygrade 4 (Ziviler Polizist 4)

Green is worn on the BDUs and blue well you guys guessed it - is worn on the dress blue shirts and jacket.

post-1035-1181159228.jpg

Here's something special, Labor Service patches and ranks from Germans "local nationals" who worked for the British Forces in Berlin as Policeman and Guards.

British Forces of Berlin

G.S.U. stands for German Support Unit or often used as Guard Support Unit.

Those patches in this picture are all bevo, except the G.S.U. tab. It's on felt and German made.

post-1035-1181162256.jpg

Garth Thompson

Thank you for all the work picturing these rare insignias. I hope our members appreciate how scarce some of these patches are.

Garth

Here are some more G.S.U. patches

the golden pni with green and white background and the red Berlin bear is a longevity award (not sure if it was for 5 or ten years).

the diamond patch was worn on the arm sleeve and stands for "anti-terrorism - urban warfare and riot training" - special course.

The G.S.U. tab here is another one similar to the one in the picture prior - just for you guys to see the backside of it.

the Berlin patch in this picture is flat and German made (not bevo).

GSU Berlin Bear patch German made as well - variation

and a button of a guard uniform with the Berlin bear on it.

all those British GSU patches in both pictures are always up for trade for some US Army Berlin Brigade patches or 180th Avn Big Windy patches (all variations)

post-1035-1181162665.jpg

Here are some more G.S.U. patches

the golden pni with green and white background and the red Berlin bear is a longevity award (not sure if it was for 5 or ten years).

the diamond patch was worn on the arm sleeve and stands for "anti-terrorism - urban warfare and riot training" - special course.

The G.S.U. tab here is another one similar to the one in the picture prior - just for you guys to see the backside of it.

the Berlin patch in this picture is flat and German made (not bevo).

GSU Berlin Bear patch German made as well - variation

and a button of a guard uniform with the Berlin bear on it.

all those British GSU patches in both pictures are always up for trade for some US Army Berlin Brigade patches or 180th Avn Big Windy patches (all variations)

good work phillip

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...

That's a nice patch. never even thought about NAVY labor service units, but it makes sense. great find.