Dating EGA Officers Dress Collar Insignia Meyer Pinback

55rocker52

Hello EGA Collectors,

Well, first I can't wait for the release of the new EGA book. When is it due to be finished? Anyway here is an EGA that I haven't acquired before. Is it from the late 40's early 50's? The Meyer marks are still a little confusing to me. This one is marked only with a raised Meyer mark, with New York vertically, and Meyer horizontally within the shield mark.

Thanks,

Kent

post-54415-0-76554400-1444672128.jpg

post-54415-0-03153400-1444672134.jpg

I believe this one will date to early 1920's but I am happy to step aside and let the big hitters weigh in. I have been studying hard but still have much to learn. Very nice piece. By the way, check out the ega thread on this forum. Probably the best reference out there right now. Kevin

Late 30's/early 40's NS Meyers P1937 emblem for the officer shoulder knot. Likely the last pattern emblem made specifically for knots, as knots went out of use after the war.

Well guys, thank you very much! I was totally thrown off by this Meyer mark. I will always go to the source of info for anything relating to military topics I have not much knowledge of. Again, I thank you, Kent

normaninvasion

Hi Kevin, My understanding is that this Meyer's pattern, seen in the more common service collars and "closed leg" service/dress visor emblems falls under the P1937. You will also see them marked 210 indicating a 1950s era production. This pattern saw a a few decades of service.

Generally speaking these collar examples with pin across anchor shaft were used on knots, including the P37 H&H examples. Not to say an officer didn't use them for collars.

normaninvasion

Kevin, I think we will all be learning. Unless we have away of finding every QM/company transaction and scan every individual period picture, there will always be questions and individuals bucking the regs. Keeps it interesting

Brig is correct as to time frame. One of the only known pin backed sets is shown below. They also made in screw post form. There is a plethora of just the left side around. I suspect that Meyer continued to make the left side EGA for the sweetheart jewelry market until the war. The design was continued in use for service devices well into the late 1950's.

Mike

post-1315-0-40167500-1444786477.jpg