Mystery AF? Darth Vader patch

stepdale

Hello,

I got this in a lot of mostly AF patches from the 70s to 80s. I've searched the web and can find nothing about it. Is it AF, an industry patch, a novelty patch or what?

Thank you,

Dale

post-99416-0-09442900-1444499464.jpg

post-99416-0-99038900-1444499477.jpg

Thank you for the help. It is a nice design and a large patch, being 4.25 inches tall and 4.5 inches wide. Wikipedia for Reese says that class 78-07 was the first to use the T-38 flight simulators. Star Wars had just come out the year before so I guess it was a popular theme.

Dale

Patchcollector

Neat patch.You can usually tell by the subject of the theme chosen for the design of these patch which era they came from.Whatever was popular at the movies or on TV at the time that the patch was designed and made usually showed up on the piece.

Maybe I won't get sued by Lucas!

Thanks for all the help and compliments. Don't know what I'll end up doing with the patch as I'm more of an Army collector, but it's nice to know what it is.

Maybe I won't get sued by Lucas!

Thanks for all the help and compliments. Don't know what I'll end up doing with the patch as I'm more of an Army collector, but it's nice to know what it is.

There are a lot of people that collect Pilot class patches.But yours has an extra bonus, Star War collectors.There are way more of them.