collector room flight helmet.

Niki

I have been busy painting the collection room and put the helmet collection in a another room.

As a collector its always shocking what you get together by the years of collecting and then being proud what you have achieved.

Can i ask for other collectors of flight helmets ,pictures of the room so i can get a idea what a fellow collector displays there collection.

thanks for watching.

post-158693-0-70814300-1444243855.jpg

phantomfixer

Man love some of the models...the BUFF of course and the tiger cat under the rt wing....and always have a soft spot for the 55/Ps .....

respectingthesacrifice

Very nice collection. And I love the models also.

I would mix the helmets and plane models on shelves, that would be an even better display, at least for me ;-)))

pararaftanr2

A very nice collection. A word of advice about the American flag, however. When hung flat on a wall, the field should be in the upper left, not right hand corner.

phantomfixer

How can you not like flight helmets?? Pretty cool, pretty cool indeed!!

Right on...

true statement!!!! the Tiger cat is the 1/48th scale monogram kit? thanks for the up close shot...

post-155518-0-20670100-1444261167.png

Thank you very much Littlegto for the many pics!

Thats a really nice collection you put together by the years and there are good idea's for display in youre room for my room.

How long did it take to get this together and did you have a career in the air force?

Thats right phantomfixer, the kit for the tigercat is from monogram 1/48 scale.

It was a gift from my best buddy who past away two years ago.

He was a master of building models with a keen eye for details and a true follower of the 385 th bomber group at great asfield Engeland.

His biggest dream was to visit the great museum in Savannah on the east coast of the USA but with four kids to raise and non stop job as a truck driver in the eightes ,never had the chance to visit the USA.

Until i gave him a gift for his 60 birthday , a 7 day trip to florida for visiting the 385th museum, titusville airshow, Pensacola museum, boca raton airshow starting from Tallahassee all the way through the keys.

Two week before departure he past away.

I went and toke on the trip myself to honeur my friends dream, visiting the museum at Savannah .

I had a meeting set with some of the pilots who as flown the b17's in the war and they where corresponding with my friend for many years.

Very sad to let your friends go but thats life i think...