Wool Service Coat. Military Evacuation Hospital 38. Pvt H.C. Sullivan

Sully

Finally got my holy grail of a WW1 uniform. Although it doesn't look like much of a piece it means a whole lot to me.

This is the Uniform of PVT Harvey C. Sullivan. Medic in Military Evacuation Hospital 38 Baltimore Maryland.

He is my Great Grandfather.

post-131982-0-95413700-1442767059.jpg

It had originally been given to family that had interest in it when he passed 35 years ago. That line of the family no longer had interest in it and passed it on to me. I have a huge interest in WW1 and I was even born on my Great Grandfather's birthday.

Congratulations!

I also have my Great-grandfather's WW1 uniform, and of all the things I have, and of all the nice things I have had--it remains the one item I cherish the most. If the house was on fire, it is the one thing I would grab.

It is also the one item I would never part with.

I am glad for you and glad to know that it stayed in the family!

You are one lucky person that the uniform didn't get sold or thrown out before it found its way into your hands. Now your kids/family/siblings and their kids/family/siblings will hopefully have it for generations. I've got my dad's WW2 Ike jacket and I hope it's always held by family and appreciated.

That's outstanding that an important part of your heritage remains with you and your family. I would love to know where my great-grandfather's uniform went all those years ago. Enjoy your treasure!

Too Much WW1 Militaria

I'm telling Chuckles you wouldn't grab her first! LOL And, congrats on the uniform! My grandfather's started me on this "hobby", so be careful! lol

Congratulations!

I also have my Great-grandfather's WW1 uniform, and of all the things I have, and of all the nice things I have had--it remains the one item I cherish the most. If the house was on fire, it is the one thing I would grab.

It is also the one item I would never part with.

I am glad for you and glad to know that it stayed in the family!