Voyle C Harris - Purple Heart and Bronze Star

gijoeou812

I was contacted the other day by someone that said he had some military medals that he would like to sale. He said that he had medals from WW2 and the Korean wars. Among the many medals he had I found a named (and numbered) Purple Heart and named Bronze star, and they are both named to "Voyle C. Harris", The gentleman that I got them from said that he did not know him and that the medal was left in a house he owned in Nashville, TN.

I have been trying to do some research on "Voyle C. Harris" and I am not having very much luck. I did find two people with this name one was 92 from Paris/Memphis TN. and another 68 from Red Hook/Gallatin NY.

I have tried to find him on the Purple Heart website, but I did not have any luck there either. I know that here are several people on the forum that are wonderful at finding people and their military history.

If anyone can give me any help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

And if this is not the correct place to post this please let me know that also.

Thank you!

post-14247-0-99324400-1441462484.jpg

post-14247-0-95315500-1441462504.jpg

See Find A Grave.

W

Thank you Wharfmaster,

I did go to "Find a Grave" and I did find one of the two Voyle C. Harris there. What I found there was for a gentleman that passed away at the age of 92 and was buried in the New Beaverdam Cemetary near Memphis TN. And he was a PFC in the US Army during WW2, but that is all I can find on him

There was one other Voyle C. Harris that passed away at the age of 68 back in 2009 in Gallatin NY, that would put him at the right age for Vietnam but I have no leads regarding if he was in the service or not????

Or they could be as early as Vietnam, right?

You usually see that oversize engraving style in the 90' and later...not earlier. ..in my opinion.

Or they could be as early as Vietnam, right?

I would say as early as Vietnam is pretty doubtful. The engraving then wou,d likely have been smaller, and the medals very likely slot broach too.

90's is right on the money.