"Airborne all the way!" A family of M1Cs

Sabrejet

Here are 4 x M1Cs from my collection. Although at a glance they look essentially similar, there are subtle differences between them...their date of manufacture, type of liner, their hardware and covers etc. They range in date from L to R...early 60s...mid 60s...early 70s...late 70s,

post-8022-0-60127700-1441369714.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Ian, as you know I only collect up to 1945, however I know the effort you put into your diverse collection and it shows again here, I think a lot of the forum members will also appreciate your display

Lewis.

Hi Ian, as you know I only collect up to 1945, however I know the effort you put into your diverse collection and it shows again here, I think a lot of the forum members will also appreciate your display

Lewis.

Thanks Ken and Mike...much appreciated! :)

good show, it looks like the covers have all been fitted to the shells perfectly! a nice representation of Vietnam War era airborne helmets!

The secret ...as imparted to me by a former G.I.....is to soak 'em in very hot water then they shrink to fit...just like an old pair of Levis!

Niiiiice man, I'm loving the mid 60's schlueter a beauty!

Ray

Thanks Ray. Yeah...it's not unusual to find re-furbed WW2 shells mated with 60s / 70s liners. I have a few of them. They've been stripped of their original OD paint and corking and re-finished /re-painted with the post-war OG silica, and new webstraps have been fitted. If it ain't broke, why fix it?!

Wonderful collection! I especially love the early 60s versions with the "transitional" features such as the leather chin strap and sweatbands combined with the Mitchell cover.