USMC ribbon bar help

notinfringed

Is anyone any good at identifying decorations in a black and white photo. This is a relative of mine, and I am somewhat clueless when it comes to Navy/USMC medals. He was in the Navy in WWII, and joined the Marines shortly thereafter. This was in 48 or 49. While in the Navy he was involved in the battle for Layte Gulf. Any help is greatly appreciated

post-2011-0-17238700-1441246903.jpg

Looks like a Purple Heart, USN Good Conduct Medal. American Campaign, Asiatic Pacific Campaign w/2 stars, Korean Campaign w/2 stars and WWII Victory

I believe jguy1986 is right. It looks like a Philippine Liberation Medal with two bronze stars. It also would make sense especially if he was involved in the battle of Leyte Gulf and the picture was taken in 1948/49. The only issue is, is that he has his WWII victory and the Philippine Liberation Medal backward. The Philippine Liberation Medal should be at the end of his ribbon bar.

Jim

Thanks for the help everyone. Does anyone know how to find out what other medals he may have earned later in his service? He was in for at least 20 years.