Maj Gen C R Reynolds

Jamecharles

Good day all,

i've recently get this uniform named to

Maj Gen CR Reynolds

i've bought also a pair of photos of him in Blue dress but i can't understand all decorations he earned during his long service in the Army, can someone help me on that way?

PS: here some infos

http://history.amedd.army.mil/surgeongenerals/C_Reynolds.html

http://cdm15290.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15290coll6/id/279

PS: i'm looking for a nice pair of shoulder board for major general in order to complete this beautiful dress, if anyone can help me please write me a pvt msg

thanks all in advance

Giancarlo

post-770-0-43382400-1440949412.jpg

post-770-0-84313800-1440949418.jpg

i can easily recognize the DSM, Silver star medal,spanish american war, WW1 victory (2 citation?), french legion of honor (officer), Unknown.

any other help will be really appreciated :D

Thank you

GS

He is wearing a Philippine Campaign Medal rather than the Spanish.

The last one that is slightly turned might be the Association of Military Surgeons of the United States membership medal:

Mily_O_Surgeons.jpg

The picture of the Military Surgeons medal I posted is a WW II era or somewhat later one. The medal Reynolds would have had would have been an older version. There are some minor differences, but they are very similar.

I cannot tell for sure if that is the last medal or not, but Reynolds would have had one. It is also in the correct spot as far as the order he would have worn one in.

This is a Society medal, and one you often see bar mounted. However, that is more typically seen a little bit earlier than this picture, but not so much so that it would be surprising to see him wearing one.

I agree it also could be another foreign award, but the shape and thickness still leads me to believe it is more likely not.

Reynolds, Charles R.

Citation:

The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the Army Distinguished Service Medal to Charles R. Reynolds, Colonel (Medical Corps), U.S. Army, for exceptionally meritorious and distinguished services to the Government of the United States, in a duty of great responsibility during World War I. As Division Surgeon of the 77th Division, as Chief Surgeon, 6th Army Corps, and later as Chief Surgeon, 2d Army, Colonel Reynolds displayed qualities of leadership, high professional attainments, and rare judgment in energetically directing the work of the sanitary units under his control. By his foresight in providing front-line hospitalization and evacuation facilities for the sick and wounded in the field, he rendered services of signal merit to the American Expeditionary Forces.

War Department, General Orders No. 89 (1919)

Born: at Elmira, New York

Home Town: Elmira, New York

Amazing infos....

oh God other money will go for restoring it XD

I've to say bye bye to my next salary

PS: could be a Veteran medal?

GS

Here what i think is the shape of the medal, but any suggestion / idea is accepted becouse i really don't know

post-770-0-79682200-1440962031.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm still looking around to understand which medal should be but I didn't find anything, someone can give me an help?

Thank in advance

Giancarlo

It is the Military Surgeons Society medal discussed a year ago in this thread. You can look online to see other examples, but here is another photo:

promedal2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I found a photo of him with ribbon set and medals are clearer (I Guess).

In order as in photo:

DSM
Spanish A. W.

Silver star

WW1 victory 3 stars

UNKNOWN

French legion of Honor (officer // with rosette)

any more help on unknow ribbon??

GS

post-770-0-40644000-1474965188_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

as I supposed to be, it was not the surgeon medal... here another photo.

could you please help me in ID it? PS any clue on the other decorations ?

Thanks all

GS

post-770-0-88899000-1486112729_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

here my last update about this amazing set, unfortunatelly I was not able to find the foreign cross mentioned in last messages.

GS

post-770-0-14092900-1504556380_thumb.jpg

post-770-0-36909900-1504556387_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I've definitivelly ceased the research for this medal...it's unbeliveable that NONE can give me an help, even in the U.S.A.

I Will never complete this one but I'm happy to keep it in my collection.
Sad story