Scott Meadows' New U.S. Holsters Book

kwill

In 1987 Scott Meadows published U.S. Military Holsters and Pistol Cartridge Boxes. It is the canonical work on the subject matter with really no peer. It has been out of print for many years, hard to find on the used market and expensive when a copy could be found. His revised version, slightly re-titled, is now out. With nearly 30 years of additional research, U.S. Military Holsters and Related Accoutrements is again without peer. The 1987 book was 432 pages. The new one is 836 pages. It weighs about 5 lbs! Highly recommended. Here is a quick (and poor) picture comparison:

Regards,

Kevin Williams

post-403-0-46846100-1440626623.jpg

They literally just came off the boat this week so are not out to distributors yet. I suspect they will start showing up with the usual gun show/online book sellers in another week or two.

Charlie Flick

Any idea on retail pricing?

I don't know what the book dealers will charge but I bought my copy directly from Scott Meadows for $113 shipped.

I have barely had time to look through it since it came in the other day but I join Kevin in saying that there will likely never be another book on this subject with more depth and detail.

Recommended.

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Flick

I have all the Meadows books, and will buy this one. I can't seem to find an online link for it yet. Does anyone have a link to order?

David Albert

[email protected]

Hi Dave:

You can order a copy directly from Scott. He has some available now. Email him at [email protected] for the details.

Regards,

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
El Bibliotecario

The earlier book is a great reference. My problem is with Meadows--years ago I purchased two pistols from him at the Sahara show, paid cash, and after an extended wait had to hound him to ship them. A year later I responded to his ad asking $1 for a list of collector holsters he was peddling. I sent the dollar, but am still waiting for the list. Hopefully this book can be obtained through a vendor.

Charlie Flick

Hello EB:

Sorry to hear of your experience. My own experience has been otherwise.

The new books are slowly dribbling out to book dealers now and should be available from them shortly. I am aware that at least one shipment to a book dealer was damaged in transit and had to be returned, so there may be some small delays like that.

Regards,

Charlie

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, Shooting Gallery Books out of NY has them listed for $90+ shipping which as cheap as I've found.

I ordered my copy yesterday.

Was it a normal copy or one of the copies that was damaged (perhaps lightly) in shipment? I checked IDSA before I checked Shooting Gallery and as you said, their price was $100.

It has a very small ding in one of the corners, but nothing I would consider a defect. Maybe it could have been one of the better books from the damaged shipment? There was nothing to indicate so. Anyway, it works for me...

Here's a picture of all the Meadows books in my collection.

post-6815-0-45813200-1443885619.jpg

David Albert

[email protected]

I had the pleasure of meeting with him this morning at the Colt Collectors show in Frisco, Texas. He was selling his books there and tried to help me identify a 1911A1 cutaway that I have. Unfortunately, he had never seen one like it before---so the search continues.....

Thanks, Al

• 3 years later...
BlueBookGuy

Hello all,

please does anyone know wich way it's possible contacting Mr. Meadows personally, better an E-address for example? I'd pretty much wish asking him, if possible, about an item of antique holster having maybe some 'anomalies' I'm not able to cope with. Possibly he would be glad being of some help, who knows.

Thanx very much in advance.