Souvenir from Ardennes

Corpsman_1941

Corpsman_1941

I brought this nice cap from last trip to Ardennes. US Army is not theme of my collection but I really like collecting WWII US Garrison caps and this is really nice addition-named, private purchase Garrison cap which belonged to major who served with tank unit. It's really high quality cap in nice shape with typical officer piping-gold & black. There are also two pins- major oak leaf made by Gemsco and unmarked armored units DI. Major was kind enough to write his initials, last name and even serial number ! :) suddenly I wasn't lucky enough to find anything what could be helpful. I checked Army enlistment cards and found only one F.E. Oglseby- Frank E. Oglesby who was entered service in August 1942 from Florida, I thought it was him but I found his record on Findagrave.com which said that he served as corporal with AAF during WWII and Korea, also I didn't found any F.E. Oglesby in Army officers list. As I know his SSN-0-415614 shows that he became officer in mid-late 1942. I sent to Goldenarrow for his records adn I will see what will show up soon. Well, till I don't know anything about him it's just a nice Garrison cap :). Hope you like it too.

post-117046-0-45463700-1440610133.jpg

Corpsman_1941

That's a great find! Thank you for help! Well, it seems that he was enlisted before 1938, Army enlistment cards which are avaible since that year didn't contain any Forrest Oglesby. I did a small mistake, officer service number with "41" on the begin was for early 1942 late-mid 1941