Three war service dress blues with Silver Star, and Purple Heart ribbon rack

CHASEUSA11B

Hello everyone. I recently purchased this dress blue uniform with a great ribbon rack. Unfortunately it is unnamed but came with some other items that may or may not be related.

I posted it on the Facebook page and some helpful members did some great investigative work on possibly identifying the owner of the grey pants. Unfortunately I haven't had any success with the coat but it's still a nice setup.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks for looking.

post-6201-0-37763300-1440590908.jpgpost-6201-0-09461300-1440590915.jpg

A helpful member on Facebook provided the following information:

The blues belonged to an Armor branch officer by the Yellow cuff stripes. (it might also be Buff, the QMC color, show a close-up) This might help narrow it down. The MSM was not established until 1969...so that also means this is a post 1970 uniform. Dates of service are likely 1945 - post 1970. Likely an O6 upon retirement. The pants might also be for a VMI or Citadel uniform.

Another possibly ID'd the owner of the pants

My Background

Brian P. Dunphy is a graduate of The Citadel 1986. He has been married to the former Shelly Long for 23 years. They have two children, Cpt Brian Patrick Dunphy II and Shaun Michael Dunphy. Brian and his family live in Northeast Columbia SC. Prior to beginning his career as a financial advisor Brian served with distinction in the United States Army as an Armor Officer. He earned his parachutist wings and Ranger Tab.

Brian started his career as a Financial Advisor in 1992 in the Professional Development Program with Merrill Lynch. He worked with Merrill Lynch for 12 years. During his career with Merrill Lynch he served as a Financial Advisor and Sales Manager. In 2004 Brian changed firms and joined Wachovia Securities, now Wells Fargo Advisors.

Brian's primary business focus is helping clients plan for their financial futures and implement the plans. Through an in depth review process Brian endeavors to help keep his clients focused on their long term goals and plans. In an effort to provide more in depth service to our clients Brian has added a partner to his business, Joseph D. Eubanks III.

That isn't Dunphy's ribbon rack that's for sure! Great snags though!

Definitly not! It doesn't seem to match his fathers either