• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hardheaded

hardheaded
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 108,826
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

A couple of days ago I was taking my two best friends (dogs) to the vet and passed this newly opened thrift shop (junk store). I told the wife I was stopping in on the way back and she said "we have the dogs!". I said, I'll just ask if they have any military stuff and make it quick :)

The lady inside said "that stuff goes outta here pretty soon after we get it but I have a couple of things"

She showed me a steel pot, a boy scout or some kinda round mess kit, and a non-military OD green backpack. Grabbed up the helmet and was on my way.

I stopped back there today and found this shirt ^_^

Attached Images

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG

#2 hardheaded

hardheaded
  • Inactive
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

Attached Images

• 3.JPG

#3 hardheaded

hardheaded
  • Inactive
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

Attached Images

• 4.JPG

#4 hardheaded

hardheaded
  • Inactive
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

Attached Images

• 5.JPG

#5 easterneagle87

easterneagle87
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,131
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

That is agreat patched shirt! Now, what is it?

#6 hardheaded

hardheaded
  • Inactive
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:16 AM

That is agreat patched shirt! Now, what is it?

Attached Images

• 1.JPG

#7 hardheaded

hardheaded
  • Inactive
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:52 AM

Some more info for you.

The OG-107 uniform was introduced in 1952, and, succeeding the M1943 Uniform, it became the standard for use both in the United States and on overseas deployment by the beginning of the Vietnam War. As the Tropical Combat Uniform (jungle fatigues) became more plentiful in South Vietnam, they began to replace the OG-107 Uniform in combat units. A rough time line is that line infantry units from "standard" divisions (not airborne or Special Forces) began receiving jungle fatigues in the spring of 1966 and the OG-107 was slowly relegated to use in rear areas.

"Type III" (1964–1989)

The "Type III" is the most common model and can be split into two versions based on the time of manufacture and material.

Cotton – This version was specified at the very end of 1964 and still used the standard 8.5 ounce cotton sateen. However, due to changes in production and distribution time, they were not really seen until 1966. This version maintained all of the key distinctive style features such as the pockets, etc., but with some key differences. The two shirt chest pockets received a pointed pocket flap. The shirt also received a button cuff at the wrist. The buttons were changed to the "standard" dull plastic button as used on jungle fatigues (and later BDU's).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users