New finds..jump wings and old medal?

Hi, found these today at a few antique shops, three jump wings, pretty sure they are Vietnam or newer larger one has IIC GI on back, small one unmarked, the special forces wing Im not sure of unmarked and on a black, white and grey oval?...nice Captain bars, marked on back Mold or Hold R Form with a shield, a ruptured duck patch on blue or black wool, and a very old medal with ribbon bar?...not sure if they go together but they were atatched when I found them, after close inspection on back Bastian Bros. Co. Rochester NY and someone has scratched 1915 and what appears to be Joe A Krejet? Any help identifying these, especialy the medal would be greatly appreciated....thanks......mike

post-350-1218247998.jpg

Mike,

I believe that the "medal" is actually a WW1 or so era watch fob that someone has simply pinned to the ribbon bar. The ribbon bar is I think called a China Liberation ribbon, I see it most often on WW2 USMC dress green uniforms worn by Marines who served occupation duty in China once WW2 ended. The ribbon has nothing to do with the medal.

Hope that gives you an idea of what you have.

MW

Brian Keith

Your "Captain bars, marked on back Mold or Hold R Form with a shield" are NS Meyer made, it means, "Shoulder form" to fit the curvature of the shoulder when worn on the shoulder of the uniform, I'm sure WW II era.

I concur with MWalsh about the "watch fob".

I believe the "Special Forces" and small jump wing would be considered, reunion/veterans pieces, probably never worn on a serving soldiers uniform. The oval is for the JFK Special Warfare Center. It is probably a issued type and worn oval.

Your Honorable Discharge insignia (ruptured duck) is Navy issue, and slightly moth eaten.

BKW