Insignia Maker Question

patches

Was this company Gordon's actually located on the Fort Meade reservation? Can't find nothing on it.

DI is for the 360th Quartermaster Battalion btw.

post-34986-0-75577400-1439484751.jpgpost-34986-0-51359600-1439484773.jpg

Patches: I'm guessing it was located in Odenton, MD as it says on the DUI. Odenton is just east of post. I've never found much info locally on Gordon's either, but I think they just took advantage of their proximity to FGGM to market the insignia.

Patches: I'm guessing it was located in Odenton, MD as it says on the DUI. Odenton is just east of post. I've never found much info locally on Gordon's either, but I think they just took advantage of their proximity to FGGM to market the insignia.

Tanks B229. Maybe they only made DIs for Meade based units? Hmm was the 360thh QM Bn at Meade, another unit can't find squat on.

Tanks B229. Maybe they only made DIs for Meade based units? Hmm was the 360thh QM Bn at Meade, another unit can't find squat on.

Not sure Patches. I have a list that I keep of units assigned to FGGM (pet project) and they're not on it, but it's incomplete.

Here's a GO from 1962 listing units awarded Superior Unit Certificates.

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/go6215.pdf

The HHD, 360th QM Bn is listed on page 9, under Fourth US Army, which was never at Meade. Second US Army was at Meade until 1966, when FUSA merged with it. It's possible a QM Co assigned to the 360th was at Meade at some point.

Not sure Patches. I have a list that I keep of units assigned to FGGM (pet project) and they're not on it, but it's incomplete.

Here's a GO from 1962 listing units awarded Superior Unit Certificates.

http://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/pdf/go6215.pdf

The HHD, 360th QM Bn is listed on page 9, under Fourth US Army, which was never at Meade. Second US Army was at Meade until 1966, when FUSA merged with it. It's possible a QM Co assigned to the 360th was at Meade at some point.

Yeah I wouldn't think so that they only did Meade based. That PDF is very good, seems to be an overall Order of Battle for the Army Reserve of those days, will bookmark that one for sure.

• 3 years later...

Recently purchased the Office of the Secretary of Defense Identification Badge and the container provides some information about Gordon's, Ft Meade. I did some online research and found that a Gordon's Menswear was once located in the Odenton Shopping Center. The badge itself was made by Meyers and is sterling. Hope this and my next post provide some insight into this maker.

post-96874-0-58303600-1562280792.jpg

Having once lived on Ft Meade and growing up in the Odenton/Gambrills area, I like to collect the Gordons DUI's and other items. From what I've collected they made DUI's for units outside of the Ft Meade area. Many of my DUI's are Maryland National Guard units but I know the 325th AIR was never at Ft Meade. Not sure about the AAA, Signal and Engineer units. Any thoughts as to why the Signal School DUI background is yellow instead of orange?

post-96874-0-50705300-1562281305.jpg

I think there was one once posted before this Signal Center & School DUI background in Yellow, probably an error I believe the consensus was.

Having once lived on Ft Meade and growing up in the Odenton/Gambrills area, I like to collect the Gordons DUI's and other items. From what I've collected they made DUI's for units outside of the Ft Meade area. Many of my DUI's are Maryland National Guard units but I know the 325th AIR was never at Ft Meade. Not sure about the AAA, Signal and Engineer units. Any thoughts as to why the Signal School DUI background is yellow instead of orange?

Nice little collection.