Guinea Short Lines painted flight suit 25th Liaison Squadron

sgtdorango

Picked this up recently, very nicely painted A4 flight suit with Guinea Short Lines painted squadron patch/ logo...named to pilot John E. Callan 11021529 a local guy from Waltham Ma.....didnt know much about the Guinea Short Lines til google helped out a little finding some photos of Callan and a little info on the Squadron...very interesting combat missions they flew from search and rescue to liaison flights etc....i was hoping some of you guys have heard of the squadron and their missions and could help out with more info on them and hopefully Callan...will probably be moving this along to someone that really appreciates this as im just a helmet nerd!....its proving to be a fun research project in the meantime....thanks for any help....mike

post-350-0-19506600-1438271592.jpg

Thanks but no more items as far as i know...the guy i got this from got it from his picker that saved it from the trash can! :(

Johnny Signor

Try the L-Birds online site , they have a lot of Liaison buffs there .......

here's another version of their unit patch ,

post-2068-0-04729700-1438287867.jpg

Thanks but no more items as far as i know...the guy i got this from got it from his picker that saved it from the trash can! :(

OUCH. Tragic. At least he saved something!

Mike I tried to send you a pm but it said you were not receiving any new messages. I'm very interested in this flight suit. Can you pm me with info on price.

Thanks.

Ronnie

Hi ronnie...i guess my message box was full, tried sending you a message and looks like your box might be full now too!...will try again later today....mike

Thanks Johnny S for the pic of the unit patch, tried looking around on the L birds site, no luck yet but will keep looking...i did find another link to another squadron member that was the unit artist and showed him working on another version of squadron patch that had a hand holding a swird, i would imagine him being the unit artistic guy that he must have painted the patch on Callans flight suit....will try to get a link up soon when i get home to my computor!....mike

Johnny Signor

Can you post the photo of the artist doing the other patch please , I'd love to see that one, I think it's probably this one.......

The Official 25th Liaison Sqd emblem .

post-2068-0-71302800-1438384664.png

Thanks Jeff, cant wait for the show tomorrow and to show off this beauty, a few other guys want to look at it too...heres a photo of the unit artist drawing the official 25th patch in case people dont want to click on that link...mike

post-350-0-41189600-1438478561.jpg

Saw the flight suit in person, what a beauty! You can tell that it has honest service wear. It doesn't exhibit the normal post war use (no paint splotches, oil stains, etc.). If you like aviation items, this one is definitely an example to own.

Nice find Mike!