Need identification on this unit.

MP25

I recently won this 7th Logistical Command, 503rd MP Detachment brassard on eBay.

I'm usually able to identify units from the numbers and lettering, but this one has me

totally stumped! I can't find any unit designation that fits the 2nd TTC, Co. B??? Can

anyone identify this unit? The 7th Log. Cmd. served in Korea, as did the 503 MP Det.

The brassard dates from the early to mid 1960s. Thanks for you help.

Bob

post-102330-0-57436000-1437414790.jpg

TTC=Transportation Terminal Command, so it's a brassard that was worn by MP assigned or attached to the 2nd Log Cmd undertaking some kind of control duty, perhaps to do with on/off loading transport vessels, Pusan, Inchon? The 2 D? I imagine stands for 2 or 2nd Detachment, of this TTC, the B in parenthesis? It of course has some meaning but we're stumped right now, alot of these type of Army support units, Army wide, had a dizzying array of sub units in them.

Found this PDF wasn't too far off. 2nd TTC Was in South Korea. B stands for Terminal B

http://www.transportation.army.mil/Historian/Vietnam%20Unit%20History%20Reports/2nd%20Trans%20Group1970.pdf

So in trying my best to decipher this, 2 D TTC B= 2nd Transportation Terminal Command Terminal B. I gather this unit at this time was under the overall command and control of the 7th Log Cmd. Those familiar with the 1960s/Vietnam War era 1st Log Cmd know that this unit had an unbelievable amount of sub units either directly assigned to it or attached, seems the 1960s era 7th Log Cmd in South Korea was no different.

please note typo in first quote 2nd Log Cmd should read 7th Log Cmd.

This also may be before 1968 this brassard, a time when the 2nd TTC had no shoulder patch, and as mentioned, a sub unit of 7th Log Cmd

This patch was adopted for the 2nd TTC in July 1968 and ceased being worn in May 1971 when this unit was redesignated as a Group.

post-34986-0-66598800-1437534725.jpg