Pre 1900 Breuninger officer EGA

stucky151

I do believe the gods have smiled on me and I took a pretty big leap hoping this one turns out good. I dont have it in hand yet, but it will be here early next week. This is the photo I have of it. Its coming from Connecticut, and it resembles Butlers pretty closely from his early photo. I will post more pictures when it arrives. let me know what you guys think.

post-52581-0-30040300-1437154155.jpg

It's a rare gem! Your assumption is correct, Breuninger jeweler made! :o

Does the leap still look so big?

I was pretty confident in it, though i was only assuming it was a Breuninger. The leap was not that big considering the price I paid.

Congrats!!! Great score... I had one but foolishly let it go. IMO they are the most beautiful of all the EGA designs...

I cannot wait to have it in hand and share some pictures of it. My heart rate was going crazy when I stumbled on it.this is one of those that I thought I would never have a chance to get, so needless to say, I am over joyed. My wife, not so much.:)

The back pin was heavily bent, but intact. The C-clasp is bent up pretty bad too, but everything is here! The solder point for the rope has broke free as well. Still an A+ in my book:)

post-52581-0-09596000-1437835382.jpg

Beautiful bird

With care and the right tools, you should be able to reform the hardware. I've done it on jeweler mades before with no issues

Despite the busted solder point, the ropes on these can fairly often be missing altogether, so not a huge deal. It could be resoldered by a jeweler if you were so inclined. A real jeweler, not some Zales counter girl