Marked Medical Helmets Of All Eras

Bugme

Scott

Outstanding Medics uniform.Is this your new addition??

Was the helmet cross's overpainted then uncovered ??

I passed on a couple at the Minneapolis show several years ago as the helmet was painted over.

RON

Scott

Outstanding Medics uniform.Is this your new addition??

Was the helmet cross's overpainted then uncovered ??

I passed on a couple at the Minneapolis show several years ago as the helmet was painted over.

RON

I was informed by the seller(second owner) that the whole grouping came from the same man but, that the helmet was in the garage and there was some kind of coating on it that was removed. This has all the look of an overpaint clean-up. I think it may have been painted black. It looks like the process of cleaning it is what removed some of the insignia and softened the cork. It's still a great lid but, I wish I had been the one who cleaned off the coating. I would have been much less aggressive.

I was informed by the seller(second owner) that the whole grouping came from the same man but, that the helmet was in the garage and there was some kind of coating on it that was removed. This has all the look of an overpaint clean-up. I think it may have been painted black. It looks like the process of cleaning it is what removed some of the insignia and softened the cork. It's still a great lid but, I wish I had been the one who cleaned off the coating. I would have been much less aggressive.

Thanks Scott.

I think the helmet looks great but as you said the cleaning /removal looked a little aggressive.The ike looks tailored or converted 4 pocket.Just love those custom made jackets.

RON

Thanks Scott.

I think the helmet looks great but as you said the cleaning /removal looked a little aggressive.The ike looks tailored or converted 4 pocket.Just love those custom made jackets.

RON

Actually, it's a British made tailered jacket... v-e-r-y nice! But, that's for the uniform board and not here. ;)

Here is one from my collection.Picked it up on line and took a chance.Seller said a nurses helmet.I bought the helmet and not the story.I paid basically what you would for a un-painted helmet.It is a front seam,swivel bail.Chin strap has the greenish buckle,lots of wear,when you remove the strap from the lip of the helmet there is clean area underneath as well in the liner where the strap has been showing lots of dust and grunge around the area not covered by the strap.Liner has been with it for ever in my opinion.Its a repaint having a dark OD applied.White panels are very thickly painted as well as thick paint on the cross's.At any rate its a strange one

Thanks to Bug me for his expertise!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RON

post-342-1251051384.jpg

post-342-1251051414.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been posted elsewhere, but I guess I'll hop on the train here...

Found at a militaria show from a guy who mainly had modern stuff and clearly didn't know a heck of a lot about helmets.

post-4251-1262115042.jpg

Sgt. Boghots

Sorry for the crappy Mavica photos. These pic's were taken back in 2001, and the family still has this 42nd Division Sanitary Train helmet. I still hold out hope that I can someday add it to my collection :think:

In person, it's pretty impressive along with the pictures of the original owner and his two Rainbow Division books.

I'm not sure what the explanation is, but if you look closely at the right-hand picture you will see "bird tracks" painted from the rim of the helmet upwards toward F.H. 167.

Best regards,

Paul Walker

Klamath Falls, Oregon

post-6057-1262453144.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

M1 American Red Cross marked helmets-Front seam & swivel bail-No liners. Originally discussed at previous thread.....http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55646&st=0&p=402489entry402489.....jpstout

post-3673-1265151580.jpgpost-3673-1265151606.jpg