Why are these Marine uniforms bid so High

Raidercollector

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Shill bidding? Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason on e-bay. Figure all it takes is two people that "have to have it" and.......

I once saw an M37 enlisted cover EGA bring $1000...sometimes people just have to have something. Notice the bids on the first one

d.JPG

Corpsman_1941

1st div coat (exactly hat) is named to I/3/5 Okinawa Purple Heart recipient and it seems that it's set but why not named 2nd Mardiv coat is so expensive... Well, magic of Purple Heart I guess...

But great Marine blouses doesn't need to be so expensive ;) well, not all of them

Raidercollector

The First Division Hat Reads to me C Harger, Which C Harger was in the 5th marine div in Tanks ? on Iwo

Nick

1st div coat (exactly hat) is named to I/3/5 Okinawa Purple Heart recipient and it seems that it's set but why not named 2nd Mardiv coat is so expensive... Well, magic of Purple Heart I guess...

But great Marine blouses doesn't need to be so expensive ;) well, not all of them

Corpsman is correct.

Last Name

HARGER

Flagged

Yes

First Name

CARL

Middle Name

Service Number

Date of Casualty

9-MAY-45

Unit

CO "I" 3BN, 5MARS, 1MARDIV, FMF

Type of Casualty

WIA

TAB HARDING-HARGR

Created By1

Allana Sarmiento

Created1

1/17/2014 14:51

Item Type1

Item

Path1

sites/USMC_History_Division/Lists/WWII

Corpsman_1941

Also shoulder patch is matching for Carl, Seems that it's nice 1st div umiform set but 6th Marines uniform remains mysterious

Raidercollector

The Ribbon also has 3 stars for campaigns . was in at Oct 44, till 46, Carl only shows one campaign .That I see. Correct me if im wrong.

Nick

Corpsman_1941

I think that ribbon are not original to the uniform, note Philippine liberation ribbon which is also there

blitzkrieg gsd

They both look like pieces have been added to them don't know why but they give me that feeling. Did any of you notice the the marksmanship badge? It looks like the mold for the rifle was messed up or when it came out of the mold extra material was left on it.

I almost think the price is being upped on purpose by the seller to gain interest in the uniforms. There no reason at all for either one of these to be priced over 150.00 and that's being kind. Since they are not clearly named I don't think I would put in more then about 75.00 to 100.00 on either one of the uniforms. The second one does come with the visor and that don't happen all the time so maybe that's playing into the price. There is value in getting the complete uniform set but not this much value.

Corpsman_1941
blitzkrieg gsd

Wow that's a big price already on the raider uniform still has plenty of time to go. Maybe Marine uniforms are starting to take off in price and no one told us.