• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jayhawkhenry

jayhawkhenry
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,722
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

As most of us do, I was foraging a little on a short vacation trip we took to Hot Springs, Ark.  The most interesting items might be the 11th Airborne NCO open mess coffee pot and cup, made in Bavaria, so I would date them from the 50's.  The Dress Blues are nice too.  I am going to try to gently remove he orange paint from the helmet, could not pass it up for the price.

Henry

IMG_4429.JPG

Edited by jayhawkhenry, 10 July 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#2 jayhawkhenry

jayhawkhenry
  • Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

coffee pot & cup

IMG_4432.JPG

Attached Images

• IMG_4433.JPG

#3 lovmilinsig

lovmilinsig
  • Members
    • Member ID: 108,617
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:05 AM

Some very nice finds!!! I'm particularly fond of the coffee pot and cup.

Ed

#4 kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,492
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

from the photo the orange paint on the pilots helmet was professionally applied and it appears to be missing the visor. The orange may be painted in the squadron color. It may be hard to research but I thing I would research a little before I stripped it. Nice finds.

#5 jayhawkhenry

jayhawkhenry
  • Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

from the photo the orange paint on the pilots helmet was professionally applied and it appears to be missing the visor. The orange may be painted in the squadron color. It may be hard to research but I thing I would research a little before I stripped it. Nice finds.

I think the painting was done at some point after it's military use.  the oxygen mask receivers were removed before the orange was sprayed on. The gray was applied before the orange.  I have a feeling it had been an unused shell that was reworked by the USAF for later use.   In came in a 73 dated bag. 

Edited by jayhawkhenry, 11 July 2015 - 06:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users