Stellar Personality Coast Guard Find... Possibly nothing can top this....

PaulR

The Chief's Mess at CG Headquarters in DC has a lucky bag that provides donated uniform items to other CG members for an unspecified token donation (suggested, not required) to the Chief's Mess. The fact that these items belong to the number two person in my service is just part of the significance... Anyone who's watched the news over the past months knows that he has been selected for even bigger and hopefully better things. I am so excited about this... I hope that you all are as thrilled as I am.

post-4249-0-71622800-1435713998.jpg

Thats it for now... as he turns in more things, I will be there to collect them. There is a mess dress uniform, but it really is not my thing nor is it named, so I left it behind.... should I get it anyway?

Due to the nature of his current transition and new job, please do not write his name out... I do not really want this searchable via g**gle or etc. I will refer to him as Adml N...

CHASEUSA11B

Those are awesome finds. I would definitly pick up the mess dress and anything else you can. If you don't you'll kick yourself later

PriorityOne

Those are absolutely outstanding uniforms, I dont think you can get any better when it comes to coast guard uniforms. Glad they went to a good home!

I am still stoked. I am waiting for a Bravo(Service) jacket and etc.

Does anyone know a source for the three star rank for the green uniform?

DocCollector1441

Paul, I live down the road from Naval Base San Diego and I can check to see if they happen to have any. I would definitely get the mess dress... I would try to keep the entire grouping together.

Thank you Sir. I hope that they have the higher ranks available. I cant find them on line for the green NWU.

I see that you collect medical stuff too. One of my focuses, when I dont stumble on things like this and have money, are Coast Guard medical items from throughout the service's history. My great grandfather, grandfather, and I were(are) military medics as well. I cant wait to see your collection.

Wow! Those are some fantastic finds! And YES...GO GET HIS MESS DRESS! (Heck, I'll buy it from you if you don't want it!!) :)

dave peifer

Wow! Those are some fantastic finds! And YES...GO GET HIS MESS DRESS! (Heck, I'll buy it from you if you don't want it!!) :)

dang it dave........you beat me to it,i was going to say the same thing.............. :lol: dave

• 2 months later...