vintage 1960's DACOR Diver's knife, were these ever used in Vietnam?

BOLO

I found a vintage Dacor Diver knife like this at the swap meet yesterday for $5 and was wondering if any of these would have ever been carried by US servicemen , SF , SEALs during the Vietnam War? possibly something that they bought private purchase at the BX

I found out these date from the 1960's - 70's so they would have been available during the VN war

The knife has a blade length of about 7' inches, and an overall length of 11 & 5/8 inches. It has a metal guard and pommel, and a black handle. One side of the blade has markings measured in inches, and the other side is marked "Solingen Germany Stainless Hand Forged." The handle is marked "Dacor."Overall, it has a hefty, solid feel.

since it was marked Solingen Germany Stainless Hand forged, I thought it was worth it for $5 as a utility knife

post-1885-0-97104500-1435589871.jpg

Since the markings are in English, it is probable that it was meant to be sold in the US. I don't believe it was ever an item of issue, but certainly could have been used as a private purchase (PX or Commercial) knife.

Agree with Gary

My buddy in grade school had a brother-in-law who was in UDT and served in Viet Nam.In the early 70s all the stuff was in my buddies moms basement.We spent hours digging in boxes and playing with the gear.He had a couple of the stainless dive knives.One had a square tip.Dont recall the names on the blades though...we just liked playing with all the stuff.

Love the Watch Bolo.Need to get one someday.